I am just going to put this out there – Richie Culver is a good looking man. His bearded face gazed out at commuters across the capital after a painting of him by his friend Alan Coulson was chosen as the main press image for the BP Portrait Award last year and you can see why. The man has also been featured in Vogue Mr Porter_ and i-D and modelled for Adrien Sauvage. But Richie is also an accomplished artist in his own right, working across painting, collage and photography and his new show The Four Letter Word has recently opened at the Skur 2 Gallery in Norway. We tracked him down to help kick off our week…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
Er … Still be out on a Monday from the weekend. That deffo works.
What song will you be listening to most this week?
I’ll Be Watching You by The Lost Scripts.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
That Gedo Is back at Hull City on a season loan.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week…
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
Celia Solf – a midweek dance at Berghain in Berlin (if it opened midweek)
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?Recovered from last Friday.
- Moving Brands gives its opinions on the new Google logo design
- Typographic club posters that show how creativity flourishes within boundaries
- Eric Petersen's surreal illustrations take their cues from video games
- Paris-based Adrien Menard's portfolio experiments with letterforms and composition
- The creative process explained via egg metaphors, thanks to artist Honza Zamojski
- Vincent Girardot’s photo diary documents an alpine tour of fish, factories and firs
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Playfully tongue-in-cheek illustrations from Germany-based Cécile Dormeau
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield