I am just going to put this out there – Richie Culver is a good looking man. His bearded face gazed out at commuters across the capital after a painting of him by his friend Alan Coulson was chosen as the main press image for the BP Portrait Award last year and you can see why. The man has also been featured in Vogue Mr Porter_ and i-D and modelled for Adrien Sauvage. But Richie is also an accomplished artist in his own right, working across painting, collage and photography and his new show The Four Letter Word has recently opened at the Skur 2 Gallery in Norway. We tracked him down to help kick off our week…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
Er … Still be out on a Monday from the weekend. That deffo works.
What song will you be listening to most this week?
I’ll Be Watching You by The Lost Scripts.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
That Gedo Is back at Hull City on a season loan.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week…
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
Celia Solf – a midweek dance at Berghain in Berlin (if it opened midweek)
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?Recovered from last Friday.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August