I am just going to put this out there – Richie Culver is a good looking man. His bearded face gazed out at commuters across the capital after a painting of him by his friend Alan Coulson was chosen as the main press image for the BP Portrait Award last year and you can see why. The man has also been featured in Vogue Mr Porter_ and i-D and modelled for Adrien Sauvage. But Richie is also an accomplished artist in his own right, working across painting, collage and photography and his new show The Four Letter Word has recently opened at the Skur 2 Gallery in Norway. We tracked him down to help kick off our week…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
Er … Still be out on a Monday from the weekend. That deffo works.
What song will you be listening to most this week?
I’ll Be Watching You by The Lost Scripts.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
That Gedo Is back at Hull City on a season loan.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week…
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
Celia Solf – a midweek dance at Berghain in Berlin (if it opened midweek)
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?Recovered from last Friday.
- Berlin-based Cristóbal Schmal’s naive illustrations are an intriguing mix
- Here we go again, it's the Best of the Web! And the finest people to follow on social
- Odd character designs and snogging: we’re still digging the work of Dale Crosby-Close
- Tom Johnson's stunning new shoot of 12-year-old kickboxing champ “Tigger”
- Dark Igloo's deliciously digital branding for Giphy will “melt your face”
- July Diary: Where to go and what to see
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Pop, subcultures and the future of graphic design: an interview with Experimental Jetset
- June Korea’s photographic fantasy: one man’s relationship with his sex doll
- Laurina Paperina's dark, weird but charming work