I am just going to put this out there – Richie Culver is a good looking man. His bearded face gazed out at commuters across the capital after a painting of him by his friend Alan Coulson was chosen as the main press image for the BP Portrait Award last year and you can see why. The man has also been featured in Vogue Mr Porter_ and i-D and modelled for Adrien Sauvage. But Richie is also an accomplished artist in his own right, working across painting, collage and photography and his new show The Four Letter Word has recently opened at the Skur 2 Gallery in Norway. We tracked him down to help kick off our week…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
Er … Still be out on a Monday from the weekend. That deffo works.
What song will you be listening to most this week?
I’ll Be Watching You by The Lost Scripts.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
That Gedo Is back at Hull City on a season loan.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week…
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
Celia Solf – a midweek dance at Berghain in Berlin (if it opened midweek)
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?Recovered from last Friday.
- Danish illustrator Rune Fisker’s clean, windswept surrealism
- Filmmaker Alice Dunseath presents a meditative reflection on life
- Edinburgh graduate Jack Fletcher's beautiful woodcut illustrations
- There Is' ace new typographic projects for Wired and New York Times magazine
- Clase bcn's bright but elegant identity for a Barcelona concert hall
- Craig Gibson's photography is sincere and refreshing
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns
- Street photography shot on an iPhone during fake phonecalls by Jay Giampietro
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Should creatives ever accept unpaid work? We ask some seasoned experts
- We get a sneak peek of TASCHEN's new book documenting 50 years of Pirelli