Now now Monday, you’ve had your fun. Here to whip us into early week readiness is Tony Brook of Spin and Unit Editions, who is leo one of the stellar line-up of speakers at this year’s AGI Open which takes place at the end of this month. But rather than quiz him about the event which features the likes of Peter Saville, Margaret Calvert, Michael Bierut and Paula Scher we’re talking police shootings, Bran Flakes and saki-inspired design debate (obvs). Take it away Tony…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
A long hot shower whilst singing a happy song (September by Earth Wind and Fire, perhaps) and strong black coffee, in that order.
What song will you be listening to most this week?
I’m in a dancing mood – Dennis Brown.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
The weirdest thing was the 107 year old getting shot by the police in the USA – only in America. The biggest relief was seeing the AGI Open programme online at last – we just put it up. The best was I snatched a few pages of a very funny PG Wodehouse book I’m reading over my Bran Flakes.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week…
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
Wim Crouwel and Jan Van Toorn reliving their famous debate over a glass or two of saki at Tsunami in Clapham. Crazy eh!
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
The latest Christie’s Magazine – with its newly designed grid – finished and sent to print.
- Moving Brands gives its opinions on the new Google logo design
- Typographic club posters that show how creativity flourishes within boundaries
- Eric Petersen's surreal illustrations take their cues from video games
- Paris-based Adrien Menard's portfolio experiments with letterforms and composition
- The creative process explained via egg metaphors, thanks to artist Honza Zamojski
- Vincent Girardot’s photo diary documents an alpine tour of fish, factories and firs
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Playfully tongue-in-cheek illustrations from Germany-based Cécile Dormeau
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield