Now now Monday, you’ve had your fun. Here to whip us into early week readiness is Tony Brook of Spin and Unit Editions, who is leo one of the stellar line-up of speakers at this year’s AGI Open which takes place at the end of this month. But rather than quiz him about the event which features the likes of Peter Saville, Margaret Calvert, Michael Bierut and Paula Scher we’re talking police shootings, Bran Flakes and saki-inspired design debate (obvs). Take it away Tony…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
A long hot shower whilst singing a happy song (September by Earth Wind and Fire, perhaps) and strong black coffee, in that order.
What song will you be listening to most this week?
I’m in a dancing mood – Dennis Brown.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
The weirdest thing was the 107 year old getting shot by the police in the USA – only in America. The biggest relief was seeing the AGI Open programme online at last – we just put it up. The best was I snatched a few pages of a very funny PG Wodehouse book I’m reading over my Bran Flakes.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week…
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
Wim Crouwel and Jan Van Toorn reliving their famous debate over a glass or two of saki at Tsunami in Clapham. Crazy eh!
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
The latest Christie’s Magazine – with its newly designed grid – finished and sent to print.
- Noa Snir visualises mental disorders through her series of minimalist linocut prints
- Look up and embrace the chaos: what we learned from Nicer Tuesdays July
- Scarlett O’Flaherty’s photographs focus on social documentary and slow-journalism
- Fatima Al Qadiri is mono.kultur magazine’s latest muse
- Michael DeForge’s mysterious, ominous illustrations
- Jesús Sotés folkish work draws darker themes into his commercial illustration
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Colette, the trailblazer: creatives pay tribute to the iconic Parisian store and its legacy
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels