Ah Paris. Romantic, good-looking, delicious (just the food mind) and stylish. These sentiments are what we think of when dreaming about the City of Love and why not if the glove fits? Perpetuating this ideal is Paris-based Acmé Studio whose body of work is a cool collection of well-designed, well-considered and well, beautiful projects.
Ranging from identities for fashion brand Lacoste, an animation studio and a national centre of music their portfolio of clients is diverse but they definitely have a distinct and classy style that gives them a bit of an edge.
What gives their work more oomph is the way they’ve presented it. Often when studios photograph their portfolio it can look a little clinical and while the images are good, gone is the spirit of the designers and we’re just left with something rather generic. Acmé however have definitely been keen to avoid this and their personal, soft and slightly hazy photography of their work makes everything look even more stunning. Just a quick scroll though their website and you’ve got a touch of Parisian luxury added to your day.
- The sun's shining, the weather is sweet: here's the Best of the Web
- Great new film series profiling the individuals challenging the macho stereotypes of rugby
- Tom Cockram's photographs of Brazil’s street culture in the lead up to last year’s World Cup
- Clever, well-observed editorial illustrations from Toronto-based Peter Thomas Ryan
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection
- Utopia-focussed design work from studio Public School
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- Pentagram Partner Michael Bierut shares his wisdom on what makes a truly great logo design
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Phwoar! Typophiles, swoon over this cornucopia of contemporary typography
- “What’s your style? I don’t fucking know. You tell me mate”: A no nonsense look at the work of Barber Osgerby
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team