Hands up if you, or if someone you knew, had a Trainspotting poster up in their room at some point in your life? Yep, thought so. Something about the grit and humour that Irvine Welsh injects into his writing can inspire designers to produce some of the most iconic posters of all time. In time for the film adaptation of Welsh’s new book, Filth, Talenthouse is offering the public the chance to design a limited edition promotional poster that will be judged by director Jon S. Baird and author Irvine Welsh himself. The winner will receive £1000 and their design promoted alongside the film as it is released. Have you got what it takes to make the next iconic movie poster design? Apply now!
More information on the competition with details of how to apply here
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages