If sugar skulls, enchiladas and those huge sombreros that every Mexican cartoon character seems to wear are the first three things to pop into your head when you think of Mexico then you (like me) could do with some serious education in Mexican culture.
Fortunately for us both, tequila brand (aha! Another great Mexican thing! Tequila!) el Jimador have teamed up with Vice to create a series of videos called Discover Mexico to unearth Mexico’s underground electronic scene, identify the roots of the Mexican food explosion in London and find out what’s really going on in Mexico City.
Even better, on November 1 Vice and el Jimador will be holding a free Day of the Dead party at the Old Blue Last in London. Register online to go into the draw for a place on the guest list to enjoy two free tequila cocktails, giveaways and live music from Charlie Boyer & the Voyeurs, Toy, Temple Songs and Neon Windbreaker. T&Cs apply.
Sign up for the event and find out more at Vice.
Be real. Drink Responsibly.
Visit www.drinkware.com.uk for the facts
© 2013 el Jimador. el Jimador is a registered trademark. All rights reserved.
- Thomas Prior captures a Mexican festival involving exploding sledgehammers
- The misty-eyed and delicate pencil marks of Lee Kyutae
- Build’s brand identity for product design brand Plæy mirrors its playful and modular designs
- David Bailey's photographs of NW1, republished and exhibited for the first time
- Studio Mut creates a catalogue for Italian art prize that celebrates up-and-coming artists
- A forward-minded retrospective: behind the design of the massive Cedric Price monograph
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich