If sugar skulls, enchiladas and those huge sombreros that every Mexican cartoon character seems to wear are the first three things to pop into your head when you think of Mexico then you (like me) could do with some serious education in Mexican culture.
Fortunately for us both, tequila brand (aha! Another great Mexican thing! Tequila!) el Jimador have teamed up with Vice to create a series of videos called Discover Mexico to unearth Mexico’s underground electronic scene, identify the roots of the Mexican food explosion in London and find out what’s really going on in Mexico City.
Even better, on November 1 Vice and el Jimador will be holding a free Day of the Dead party at the Old Blue Last in London. Register online to go into the draw for a place on the guest list to enjoy two free tequila cocktails, giveaways and live music from Charlie Boyer & the Voyeurs, Toy, Temple Songs and Neon Windbreaker. T&Cs apply.
Sign up for the event and find out more at Vice.
Be real. Drink Responsibly.
Visit www.drinkware.com.uk for the facts
© 2013 el Jimador. el Jimador is a registered trademark. All rights reserved.
- Submit Saturdays: Take advantage of your website to show varied work as a creative collective
- Parisian upstarts Ill-Studio give L’Officiel magazine new life
- Knock knock. Who's there? It's Best of the Web!
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design
- Alan Fears’ papier mâché heads are a humorous portrait of ourselves
- The quiet humour of illustrator Elena Xausa
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity