If sugar skulls, enchiladas and those huge sombreros that every Mexican cartoon character seems to wear are the first three things to pop into your head when you think of Mexico then you (like me) could do with some serious education in Mexican culture.
Fortunately for us both, tequila brand (aha! Another great Mexican thing! Tequila!) el Jimador have teamed up with Vice to create a series of videos called Discover Mexico to unearth Mexico’s underground electronic scene, identify the roots of the Mexican food explosion in London and find out what’s really going on in Mexico City.
Even better, on November 1 Vice and el Jimador will be holding a free Day of the Dead party at the Old Blue Last in London. Register online to go into the draw for a place on the guest list to enjoy two free tequila cocktails, giveaways and live music from Charlie Boyer & the Voyeurs, Toy, Temple Songs and Neon Windbreaker. T&Cs apply.
Sign up for the event and find out more at Vice.
Be real. Drink Responsibly.
Visit www.drinkware.com.uk for the facts
© 2013 el Jimador. el Jimador is a registered trademark. All rights reserved.
- Berlin-based Cristóbal Schmal’s naive illustrations are an intriguing mix
- Here we go again, it's the Best of the Web! And the finest people to follow on social
- Odd character designs and snogging: we’re still digging the work of Dale Crosby-Close
- Tom Johnson's stunning new shoot of 12-year-old kickboxing champ “Tigger”
- Dark Igloo's deliciously digital branding for Giphy will “melt your face”
- July Diary: Where to go and what to see
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Pop, subcultures and the future of graphic design: an interview with Experimental Jetset
- June Korea’s photographic fantasy: one man’s relationship with his sex doll
- Laurina Paperina's dark, weird but charming work