If sugar skulls, enchiladas and those huge sombreros that every Mexican cartoon character seems to wear are the first three things to pop into your head when you think of Mexico then you (like me) could do with some serious education in Mexican culture.
Fortunately for us both, tequila brand (aha! Another great Mexican thing! Tequila!) el Jimador have teamed up with Vice to create a series of videos called Discover Mexico to unearth Mexico’s underground electronic scene, identify the roots of the Mexican food explosion in London and find out what’s really going on in Mexico City.
Even better, on November 1 Vice and el Jimador will be holding a free Day of the Dead party at the Old Blue Last in London. Register online to go into the draw for a place on the guest list to enjoy two free tequila cocktails, giveaways and live music from Charlie Boyer & the Voyeurs, Toy, Temple Songs and Neon Windbreaker. T&Cs apply.
Sign up for the event and find out more at Vice.
Be real. Drink Responsibly.
Visit www.drinkware.com.uk for the facts
© 2013 el Jimador. el Jimador is a registered trademark. All rights reserved.
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations