If sugar skulls, enchiladas and those huge sombreros that every Mexican cartoon character seems to wear are the first three things to pop into your head when you think of Mexico then you (like me) could do with some serious education in Mexican culture.
Fortunately for us both, tequila brand (aha! Another great Mexican thing! Tequila!) el Jimador have teamed up with Vice to create a series of videos called Discover Mexico to unearth Mexico’s underground electronic scene, identify the roots of the Mexican food explosion in London and find out what’s really going on in Mexico City.
Even better, on November 1 Vice and el Jimador will be holding a free Day of the Dead party at the Old Blue Last in London. Register online to go into the draw for a place on the guest list to enjoy two free tequila cocktails, giveaways and live music from Charlie Boyer & the Voyeurs, Toy, Temple Songs and Neon Windbreaker. T&Cs apply.
Sign up for the event and find out more at Vice.
Be real. Drink Responsibly.
Visit www.drinkware.com.uk for the facts
© 2013 el Jimador. el Jimador is a registered trademark. All rights reserved.
- Danish illustrator Rune Fisker’s clean, windswept surrealism
- Filmmaker Alice Dunseath presents a meditative reflection on life
- Edinburgh graduate Jack Fletcher's beautiful woodcut illustrations
- There Is' ace new typographic projects for Wired and New York Times magazine
- Clase bcn's bright but elegant identity for a Barcelona concert hall
- Craig Gibson's photography is sincere and refreshing
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns
- Street photography shot on an iPhone during fake phonecalls by Jay Giampietro
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Should creatives ever accept unpaid work? We ask some seasoned experts
- We get a sneak peek of TASCHEN's new book documenting 50 years of Pirelli