“BOREDOM MAKES YOU DO CRAZY THINGS” proclaims AG Rojas’ website header, and yeah, that’s true for most people. Sometimes when I’m bored I do something “crazy” like tidy my room, or watch some mind-numbingly atrocious reality TV show.
AG Rojas has a different way of being bored, when he’s bored he makes a short film like Crown — a chilling journey into an abandoned house with four teenage boys with a lot of narcotics. Watch as they discover something not of this earth, and as dowdy, middle aged business men get so high they end up tripping over geysers in the craters of their space-age alien drug-addled minds. I know 10 minutes is longer than your average cat-in-a-bath YouTube clip, but just watch this. You won’t regret it.
- Vanguards magazine explores Scotland's undiscovered creative treasure
- Yoko Yuki takes us on a bizarre jaunt into town in this kaleidoscopic animation
- Director Nick Ahlmark captures the thrills of night riding for Vice and Samsung
- Marion Jdanoff's skillful screen prints and books are packed with vibrancy
- Illustrator Zoë Taylor’s heroine escapes a party through clichéd melodrama and sporadic linework
- Björk Vulnicura: inside the creation of the kafkaesque headpieces by James Merry and Neri Oxman
- Airbnb launches its own in-house design studio, Samara
- Subway unveils redesigned logo and new symbol
- Neubau introduces its latest immaculately minimal typeface, NB Akademie
- PES creates an epic scale, long-exposure stop motion film for Honda
- Rio Olympics 2016: the creative projects inspired by the Games
- Erin M Riley’s hand-woven tapestries re-contextualise online pornography (NSFW)