This week’s Friday Mixtape is curated by the brilliant All We Are. As the band tour their second album, Human, on the festival circuit this summer, they’ve made us a mix of high energy, emphatic songs to excite you for the weekend or encourage you out of a festival hangover slump.
You can catch All We Are at Latitude this Sunday (16 July 2017) or End of the Road in September.
Why have you picked these songs, what do they remind you of or make you feel?
This is our festival driving playlist, we’ve been doing a lot of that recently so it’s pretty present in our mind right now. It’s pretty eclectic but they’ve all got a certain vibe. These songs are eclectic but they all have that incessant groove that keeps you going. Music is about giving you an energy and these are part of a playlist that keeps us driving.
When or where should this mixtape be listened to?
Anytime, anyplace but as mentioned above, it’s great blasted in a car.
What song or album did you listen to as teenager?
Prince Dirty Mind was one of my brothers favourites and therefore one of mine. It’s still a personal fave.
Is there a particular song or album you’ve been listening to on tour?
We’re really into the D.D. Dumbo record. It’s weird and wonderful and totally rhythmical. The lyrics really paint a picture. It’s like looking at the world through his eyes.
If a feature film of your life was to be made, what song would be on the trailer?
It’s got to be the theme for Jurassic Park.
- Look up and embrace the chaos: what we learned from Nicer Tuesdays July
- Scarlett O’Flaherty’s photographs focus on social documentary and slow-journalism
- Fatima Al Qadiri is mono.kultur magazine’s latest muse
- Michael DeForge’s mysterious, ominous illustrations
- Jesús Sotés folkish work draws darker themes into his commercial illustration
- Alex Blouin shoots petrolheads at Canada’s biggest car show
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Colette, the trailblazer: creatives pay tribute to the iconic Parisian store and its legacy
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels