Enthusiastically picking your favourite images out of a selection to show people shouldn’t be a chore — in fact it’s probably in the top 100 nicest things to do, ever. When you get portfolio of work like Alt Studio’s, where it is literally a scrolling journey to the centre of the earth through a tunnel of some of the best graphic design you’ve seen for a long time, things can actually get tough.
In a huge range of projects, this Brussels-based studio co-founded by Emmanuel Leroy and Olivier Mary, is like an unstoppable machine of creativity, pumping out glorious publications that will make your eyes water. How did we not know about them before? I have no idea, but they’re officially in favourites territory now.
- Ed Carvalho-Monaghan’s line work is translated into knitwear for It’s Nice That’s Unmade collection
- A fierce portrait of the battles, snaps and outrageous outfits of voguing culture from Ewen Spencer
- Artist Andrey Remnev’s hypnotic Russian Medieval-style paintings
- Illustrator Lili des Bellons' chipper images are full of geometric whimsy
- Matt and Dan’s stark graphic posters for Daniel Avery’s Divided Love
- A hotel’s Wes Anderson-esque dated decor and plant life photographed by Ina Niehoff
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- New Adult Swim project from the bonkers people behind some sexy Craigslist animations