Enthusiastically picking your favourite images out of a selection to show people shouldn’t be a chore — in fact it’s probably in the top 100 nicest things to do, ever. When you get portfolio of work like Alt Studio’s, where it is literally a scrolling journey to the centre of the earth through a tunnel of some of the best graphic design you’ve seen for a long time, things can actually get tough.
In a huge range of projects, this Brussels-based studio co-founded by Emmanuel Leroy and Olivier Mary, is like an unstoppable machine of creativity, pumping out glorious publications that will make your eyes water. How did we not know about them before? I have no idea, but they’re officially in favourites territory now.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages