It’s a fairly infrequent occurrence for us to write about straight-up fashion here on It’s Nice That but, when the clothes are beautiful and the shots are just right, it’s too good an opportunity to pass up. This stunning series of sartorial photographs come courtesy of Angelo Pennetta and the SS13 Pre-Collection from Givenchy. The garments themselves utilise intricate paisley prints combined with bold geometric shapes and dark block colours to great effect; amplified beautifully by a loose-fitting cut and square, tapering silhouette. Though perhaps not altogether practical, they’re definitely a stand-out set of items.
Coupled with this is Pennetta’s magnificent lens-work that takes the collection out of the studio and onto the street, in pure Scott Schuman style, immediately elevating it beyond the realms of mere vanity fashion and rendering it instantly wearable.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages