It’s a fairly infrequent occurrence for us to write about straight-up fashion here on It’s Nice That but, when the clothes are beautiful and the shots are just right, it’s too good an opportunity to pass up. This stunning series of sartorial photographs come courtesy of Angelo Pennetta and the SS13 Pre-Collection from Givenchy. The garments themselves utilise intricate paisley prints combined with bold geometric shapes and dark block colours to great effect; amplified beautifully by a loose-fitting cut and square, tapering silhouette. Though perhaps not altogether practical, they’re definitely a stand-out set of items.
Coupled with this is Pennetta’s magnificent lens-work that takes the collection out of the studio and onto the street, in pure Scott Schuman style, immediately elevating it beyond the realms of mere vanity fashion and rendering it instantly wearable.
- Making branding with a purpose: what can we learn from the Bauhaus?
- Jeremy Jansen’s graphic design work bridges concept and coherency
- Michael Craig-Martin: a cool, clean and colourful riot of everyday objects
- Anatoly Grashchenko's randomly generated posters for a Moscow theatre
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Bobby Doherty’s vivid and humorous still-life photography
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Why “cool” stunts creativity: one agency offers its opinion
- Fresh, vibrant poster work from South Korean designer Soojin Lee
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Introducing French design studio plus mûrs and its beautiful poster designs