Apartamento, the envy inducing interior magazine composed with narrative to match, has released its first cookbook. Unsurprisingly, it is as delicious in design and content as its bi-annual publication.
Concentrating on cakes and desserts, the inspiration for their own cookbook “was inspired by the wish to try putting together a few friends’ recipes for the holidays,” editor Marco tells It’s Nice That. The cookbook is part of Apartamento’s “yearly effort to publish a charity publishing project as we did last year with ABC.
As a magazine Apartamento is renowned for their photography commissioning, which is consistently on trend or pushes the next photographers to become masters of their fields. For this venture, the art direction has taken an illustrative approach, collaborating with Oscar Grønner. The creative decision to focus on minimal illustration of monochrome line drawings display not only Oscar’s flair but the publication’s courage, its simplicity leaves nothing to hide behind, and nor should it with content such as this. The decision to collaborate with Oscar was inspired by the illustrator’s work for its most recent issue, and quite rightly they are “super happy about the result!”
The Apartamento Cookbook #1: Cakes and Desserts is available to buy here.
- Inès Longevial’s deliciously rich geometric paintings
- Illustrator Richard Ellis’ joyfully large-breasted and bare-bottomed characters
- Graphic design grad Georgia Cranstoun reconsiders authorship with a “bootleg” book
- Bohuy Kim’s “strange but splendid” poster designs
- Tokyo-based photographer Yota Yoshida’s “poetic expressions in the everyday”
- Roberta Sant’Anna takes her camera inside a weird and wonderful Brazilian water park
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know