There’s something about Arsenal that seems to inspire a reverence that goes beyond most football teams – you only need to read Nick Hornby’s superlative Fever Pitch to see that. To celebrate the north London club’s 125th birthday, Nike has commissioned an exhibition at The Saatchi Gallery that captures the spirit of the club, and indeed the very nature of human obsession.
Curated by Arena Homme+ it includes photographs of both players and fans, and a brilliant documentary directed by Greg Fay taking in three of the Gunners’ crucial games during February 2011.
It comes down tomorrow, but is well worth a look if you’re in the area.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan