Prepare yourself for some serious desk-time dancing, unless you are the sort of person who doesn’t like dancing in which case look away now because this will happen to you when watching Basement Jaxx’s new video What a Difference Your Love Makes and it is so great my face is hurts from smiling.
Set in Johannesburg, director Damian Weilers has made one hell of a video, following the lives of two young men, flipping between shots of them dancing as kids to them dancing as adults; every single move of theirs from getting dressed to running through the streets to their seriously impressive Pantsula dancing, in perfect time with the wicked beats in the background.
And if you’re not already smiling madly from the music and dancing alone, you will be when you watch the whole thing through with the nostalgia of their friendship, the energy, the painfully wonderful relationship between the men and the mother in the video and did I mention the matching outfits, braces and bobble hats included. In short, it is bloody brilliant and if you can resist dancing, you are a stronger person than I am.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant