Prepare yourself for some serious desk-time dancing, unless you are the sort of person who doesn’t like dancing in which case look away now because this will happen to you when watching Basement Jaxx’s new video What a Difference Your Love Makes and it is so great my face is hurts from smiling.
Set in Johannesburg, director Damian Weilers has made one hell of a video, following the lives of two young men, flipping between shots of them dancing as kids to them dancing as adults; every single move of theirs from getting dressed to running through the streets to their seriously impressive Pantsula dancing, in perfect time with the wicked beats in the background.
And if you’re not already smiling madly from the music and dancing alone, you will be when you watch the whole thing through with the nostalgia of their friendship, the energy, the painfully wonderful relationship between the men and the mother in the video and did I mention the matching outfits, braces and bobble hats included. In short, it is bloody brilliant and if you can resist dancing, you are a stronger person than I am.
- Moving Brands gives its opinions on the new Google logo design
- Typographic club posters that show how creativity flourishes within boundaries
- Eric Petersen's surreal illustrations take their cues from video games
- Paris-based Adrien Menard's portfolio experiments with letterforms and composition
- The creative process explained via egg metaphors, thanks to artist Honza Zamojski
- Vincent Girardot’s photo diary documents an alpine tour of fish, factories and firs
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Playfully tongue-in-cheek illustrations from Germany-based Cécile Dormeau
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield