Prepare yourself for some serious desk-time dancing, unless you are the sort of person who doesn’t like dancing in which case look away now because this will happen to you when watching Basement Jaxx’s new video What a Difference Your Love Makes and it is so great my face is hurts from smiling.
Set in Johannesburg, director Damian Weilers has made one hell of a video, following the lives of two young men, flipping between shots of them dancing as kids to them dancing as adults; every single move of theirs from getting dressed to running through the streets to their seriously impressive Pantsula dancing, in perfect time with the wicked beats in the background.
And if you’re not already smiling madly from the music and dancing alone, you will be when you watch the whole thing through with the nostalgia of their friendship, the energy, the painfully wonderful relationship between the men and the mother in the video and did I mention the matching outfits, braces and bobble hats included. In short, it is bloody brilliant and if you can resist dancing, you are a stronger person than I am.
- Camelot’s typefaces bring both the contemporary and historical to the table
- Scott Newett’s eerily quiet, ethereal portraits of Chinese utopia
- Jade Schulz’s atmospheric and imaginative editorial illustrations
- Emiliano Granado’s new zine puts a fresh spin on Tour de France fandom
- The big cover up: Mathieu Tremblin's translations of graffiti
- Artist Howard Fonda captures the vibrancy of summer for Ace & Tate
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale