Prepare yourself for some serious desk-time dancing, unless you are the sort of person who doesn’t like dancing in which case look away now because this will happen to you when watching Basement Jaxx’s new video What a Difference Your Love Makes and it is so great my face is hurts from smiling.
Set in Johannesburg, director Damian Weilers has made one hell of a video, following the lives of two young men, flipping between shots of them dancing as kids to them dancing as adults; every single move of theirs from getting dressed to running through the streets to their seriously impressive Pantsula dancing, in perfect time with the wicked beats in the background.
And if you’re not already smiling madly from the music and dancing alone, you will be when you watch the whole thing through with the nostalgia of their friendship, the energy, the painfully wonderful relationship between the men and the mother in the video and did I mention the matching outfits, braces and bobble hats included. In short, it is bloody brilliant and if you can resist dancing, you are a stronger person than I am.
- Steve Powers' New York street signs offer an alternative perspective
- Rebecca Scheinberg comes pretty damn close to making perfect photographs
- Hamburg-based studio I Like Birds' comprehensive film festival identity
- The Plant creates identity for Walthamstow business hub using a process from 1905
- Wayfaring land artist Richard Long pays homage to his Bristol roots
- Designs for a tarot deck celebrating black stars and overseen by Jodorowsky
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Street photographer Vincent Chapters captures London’s spirit
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns