Prepare yourself for some serious desk-time dancing, unless you are the sort of person who doesn’t like dancing in which case look away now because this will happen to you when watching Basement Jaxx’s new video What a Difference Your Love Makes and it is so great my face is hurts from smiling.
Set in Johannesburg, director Damian Weilers has made one hell of a video, following the lives of two young men, flipping between shots of them dancing as kids to them dancing as adults; every single move of theirs from getting dressed to running through the streets to their seriously impressive Pantsula dancing, in perfect time with the wicked beats in the background.
And if you’re not already smiling madly from the music and dancing alone, you will be when you watch the whole thing through with the nostalgia of their friendship, the energy, the painfully wonderful relationship between the men and the mother in the video and did I mention the matching outfits, braces and bobble hats included. In short, it is bloody brilliant and if you can resist dancing, you are a stronger person than I am.
- Submit Saturdays: Take advantage of your website to show varied work as a creative collective
- Parisian upstarts Ill-Studio give L’Officiel magazine new life
- Knock knock. Who's there? It's Best of the Web!
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design
- Alan Fears’ papier mâché heads are a humorous portrait of ourselves
- The quiet humour of illustrator Elena Xausa
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity