We are very excited to announce that from 23 – 27 April we will be curating a series of free lunchtime and evening talks, bringing together exciting creatives, cultural commentators, artists and designers. They’ll be part of a unique five-day GF Smith event in collaboration with Monotype and the British Council, themed around the idea of ‘beauty in the making’ – celebrating artistry in all its creative processes.
The beautiful Victoria House basement will be transformed into a space dedicated to craftsmanship and the endless possibilities of paper explored through installations, workshops and live demonstrations.
Expect talks from the likes of photographer Jane Stockdale, poet and illustrator Supermundane, Wired’s editor Olivia Solon, creative collective Nous Vous and many, many more. Keep your eyes peeled for more programme details coming soon and info on how to sign-up for the talks!
- Design's many, many layers, and the power of music, at Nicer Tuesdays July
- It’s just life: The democratic eye of William Eggleston
- Tim Lahan is the new Mystic Meg with horoscope illustrations for Elle Magazine
- Musical instruments with a modernist aesthetic by Hundo
- Former Buzzcocks drummer John Maher exhibits his photography work in Nobody's Home
- Monument Valley creator ustwo gives us a peek at its bookshelf
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale