It’s competition time again folks and we’ve got a great opportunity for an incredibly talented illustrator to provide the packaging design for next year’s Beefeater 24 super premium gin.
This year, self-styled “ink evangelist” Johanna Basford produced a peacock motif in her trademark intricate monochrome style which will appear on limited edition packs of Beefeater 24. And the brand was so impressed that they’re on the hunt for an up-and-coming creative to follow in Johanna’s footsteps. They are looking for a hand-drawn illustration on the theme “distinguished British country chic” and the winner will receive £1,000 as well as the chance to see their work adorn the 2014 Beefeater 24 packaging.
Paco Recuero, global brand director of Beefeater 24, said: “Beefeater 24 is imbued with artisanal qualities, from the bottle design inspired by the arts and crafts movement to the spirit itself, which is based on a recipe that took 18 months to develop and is made from hand-selected botanicals. A partnership within the arts community is therefore a natural extension for the brand and we cannot wait to see the designs and interpretations that this British country theme will inspire for next year’s limited edition.”
This article was produced in association with Beefeater 24.
- Milou Trouwborst's refined, simplistic and melancholic illustrations
- "It was strangely liberating" – Christoph Niemann on creating his new book Sunday Sketching
- Designer Okuyama Taiki encourages you to “play freely” with his experimental posters
- Gijs Henselmans’ illustrations: absurd, gruesome, but always hilarious
- All That Glitters: inside the Barbican’s “vulgar” catalogue
- Graphic designer Fraser Muggeridge talks to us about his favourite books
- Bompas & Parr explores the strange world of sploshing (NSFW)
- Working Not Working reveals the top 50 companies creatives would kill to work for
- Kodak returns to its 1970s symbol, joining the retrobrand bandwagon
- Kodak unveils the Ektra: its first ever smartphone
- Retracing and recreating historic reggae record sleeves with photographer Alex Bartsch
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design