It’s competition time again folks and we’ve got a great opportunity for an incredibly talented illustrator to provide the packaging design for next year’s Beefeater 24 super premium gin.
This year, self-styled “ink evangelist” Johanna Basford produced a peacock motif in her trademark intricate monochrome style which will appear on limited edition packs of Beefeater 24. And the brand was so impressed that they’re on the hunt for an up-and-coming creative to follow in Johanna’s footsteps. They are looking for a hand-drawn illustration on the theme “distinguished British country chic” and the winner will receive £1,000 as well as the chance to see their work adorn the 2014 Beefeater 24 packaging.
Paco Recuero, global brand director of Beefeater 24, said: “Beefeater 24 is imbued with artisanal qualities, from the bottle design inspired by the arts and crafts movement to the spirit itself, which is based on a recipe that took 18 months to develop and is made from hand-selected botanicals. A partnership within the arts community is therefore a natural extension for the brand and we cannot wait to see the designs and interpretations that this British country theme will inspire for next year’s limited edition.”
This article was produced in association with Beefeater 24.
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery