It’s competition time again folks and we’ve got a great opportunity for an incredibly talented illustrator to provide the packaging design for next year’s Beefeater 24 super premium gin.
This year, self-styled “ink evangelist” Johanna Basford produced a peacock motif in her trademark intricate monochrome style which will appear on limited edition packs of Beefeater 24. And the brand was so impressed that they’re on the hunt for an up-and-coming creative to follow in Johanna’s footsteps. They are looking for a hand-drawn illustration on the theme “distinguished British country chic” and the winner will receive £1,000 as well as the chance to see their work adorn the 2014 Beefeater 24 packaging.
Paco Recuero, global brand director of Beefeater 24, said: “Beefeater 24 is imbued with artisanal qualities, from the bottle design inspired by the arts and crafts movement to the spirit itself, which is based on a recipe that took 18 months to develop and is made from hand-selected botanicals. A partnership within the arts community is therefore a natural extension for the brand and we cannot wait to see the designs and interpretations that this British country theme will inspire for next year’s limited edition.”
This article was produced in association with Beefeater 24.
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting