It’s competition time again folks and we’ve got a great opportunity for an incredibly talented illustrator to provide the packaging design for next year’s Beefeater 24 super premium gin.
This year, self-styled “ink evangelist” Johanna Basford produced a peacock motif in her trademark intricate monochrome style which will appear on limited edition packs of Beefeater 24. And the brand was so impressed that they’re on the hunt for an up-and-coming creative to follow in Johanna’s footsteps. They are looking for a hand-drawn illustration on the theme “distinguished British country chic” and the winner will receive £1,000 as well as the chance to see their work adorn the 2014 Beefeater 24 packaging.
Paco Recuero, global brand director of Beefeater 24, said: “Beefeater 24 is imbued with artisanal qualities, from the bottle design inspired by the arts and crafts movement to the spirit itself, which is based on a recipe that took 18 months to develop and is made from hand-selected botanicals. A partnership within the arts community is therefore a natural extension for the brand and we cannot wait to see the designs and interpretations that this British country theme will inspire for next year’s limited edition.”
This article was produced in association with Beefeater 24.
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August