You’re already four chocolates down and no closer to starting any useful Christmas shopping. However, you HAVE ordered five miniature allotments (your family will love them!) and managed to put on a cool five pounds round the tum. To celebrate this, and our new found ability to address ourselves in the second person, we bring you that weekly font of online good cheer, the Best of the Web!
The CPFTGTV S01E02 podcast is out! It comprises a mega-mix of apocalyptic compositions from various musicians and a bricolage of found footage, video experiments and animations from Sean Stubbs, Tim Ward and many more and it’s ruddy incredible. (Emily)
Just discovered the Monocle Big Interview series. In the latest episode Bloomfield sits down with architect Daniel Libeskind. (Will)
Just popping this in as it’s the first time I’ve read the phrase “manic pixie dream grans” and I think that’s rather brilliant. Interesting Guardian article all about kooky nans in film. (Emily)
John Waters picks his favourite films of 2015. (Alex H)
I won’t only post football things on here, I promise, but I do like this list of the worst xmas themed football gifts you can buy this year. Everton FC perfume anyone? (Owen)
Superb interview on The Quietus with the very-much-NOT-naff Enya, dubbing her music some of the most successful avant-garde pop of all time. (Emily)
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s