I like to think that the future of education lies in the clay-stained hands of Bevis Martin and Charlie Youle – two folk on a heroic quest to take what we consider concrete ideas (namely maths and bodily organs) and reinvent them as something similar but slightly off-kilter.
As well as creating meticulous displays of odd ceramic objects, plastering whole hotel rooms in diagrams of reproductive systems and making disturbing wax casts of peoples fingers, Bevis and Charlie have also provided a “how to draw an egg” workshop amongst other exciting adventures into their whimsical world.
Did I mention that pied pipers of fun, Hot Chip, are their number one fans? So much so that Bevis and Charlie are the ones responsible for a whole heap of the artwork and videos early on in their musical career. A collaboration so perfect that it’s almost hard to get your head around the volume of philosophical whimsy that must have been floating around in that room.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission "Kick over the statues"
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations