Is there anything better than when pair of cool, creative individuals who also happen to be romantically involved collaborate to make something glorious together? No, I answer myself, there is not, which is why this new offering from super-couple Lena Dunham and her musician boyfriend Jack Antonoff, lead singer of Bleachers, is so fantastic.
Lena directed the new video for the band’s unashamedly bouncy new song I Wanna Get Better. It takes place mainly in a psychiatrist’s office, with Jack nodding wearily along while all manner of crazies recount their various ails to him. The combination of hazy sunlit shots and the gems that come out of the patients’ mouths bear the stamp of Lena’s weird but brilliant witticisms. Watch out for the moment when the paranoid housewife, the misguided wild-child and the over-worked middle-aged man get together to perform choreographed dance moves and harmonise to the song. Ahhhhh.
- Nine vital nuggets about the hows and whys of being a project manager or producer – and why all the hard work is worth it
- Stars, drag queens, and the literati: Avedon and Warhol’s heroes and antiheroes
- Designer Morag Myerscough gives us a peek at her bookshelf
- Photographer Matthew Brown explores the forgotten details in a university campus
- First Dates for those who create: Studio Swine tells us about their working relationship
- Experimental Jetset, Build and others' war posters curated by Pentagram's Alex Brown
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?