Is there anything better than when pair of cool, creative individuals who also happen to be romantically involved collaborate to make something glorious together? No, I answer myself, there is not, which is why this new offering from super-couple Lena Dunham and her musician boyfriend Jack Antonoff, lead singer of Bleachers, is so fantastic.
Lena directed the new video for the band’s unashamedly bouncy new song I Wanna Get Better. It takes place mainly in a psychiatrist’s office, with Jack nodding wearily along while all manner of crazies recount their various ails to him. The combination of hazy sunlit shots and the gems that come out of the patients’ mouths bear the stamp of Lena’s weird but brilliant witticisms. Watch out for the moment when the paranoid housewife, the misguided wild-child and the over-worked middle-aged man get together to perform choreographed dance moves and harmonise to the song. Ahhhhh.
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August