Is there anything better than when pair of cool, creative individuals who also happen to be romantically involved collaborate to make something glorious together? No, I answer myself, there is not, which is why this new offering from super-couple Lena Dunham and her musician boyfriend Jack Antonoff, lead singer of Bleachers, is so fantastic.
Lena directed the new video for the band’s unashamedly bouncy new song I Wanna Get Better. It takes place mainly in a psychiatrist’s office, with Jack nodding wearily along while all manner of crazies recount their various ails to him. The combination of hazy sunlit shots and the gems that come out of the patients’ mouths bear the stamp of Lena’s weird but brilliant witticisms. Watch out for the moment when the paranoid housewife, the misguided wild-child and the over-worked middle-aged man get together to perform choreographed dance moves and harmonise to the song. Ahhhhh.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages