Is there anything better than when pair of cool, creative individuals who also happen to be romantically involved collaborate to make something glorious together? No, I answer myself, there is not, which is why this new offering from super-couple Lena Dunham and her musician boyfriend Jack Antonoff, lead singer of Bleachers, is so fantastic.
Lena directed the new video for the band’s unashamedly bouncy new song I Wanna Get Better. It takes place mainly in a psychiatrist’s office, with Jack nodding wearily along while all manner of crazies recount their various ails to him. The combination of hazy sunlit shots and the gems that come out of the patients’ mouths bear the stamp of Lena’s weird but brilliant witticisms. Watch out for the moment when the paranoid housewife, the misguided wild-child and the over-worked middle-aged man get together to perform choreographed dance moves and harmonise to the song. Ahhhhh.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant