The start of this film is a bit standard; coloured ink dropped into water but stick with it amigos because this gets much, much better. To celebrate its 20th anniversary, Space.NK are launching a series of collaborations with artists, writers, chefs and historians to explore what beauty means.
This video comes from gastronomic genii Bompas & Parr who have gone back to their gelatinous roots with a couple of minutes of pure visual pleasure. A close-up series of jelly-making shots is a whirlwind of colour and texture, before it gives way to, well, exploding dessert-based fun, all soundtracked to a barnstorming orchestral classic. Beautiful indeed!
- Submit Saturdays: eggs, gifs and monochromatic illustration from Illustrator Jocelyn Tsaih
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale