It was just the other day that we featured some striking new work from Graphic Thought Facility, but they’ve clearly been busy working on all manner of interesting projects so we thought, what the hell, let’s get them up on the site again.
This time they’ve undertaken a wholesale rebrand of one of our favourite architectural and branding agencies, Brinkworth, redrawing their logo mark, redesigning their website and giving them a brand new set of guidelines to help their company image match that of the internationally renowned work they produce. The logo itself is a clean, simple sans serif word mark that’s appropriate for a heavy emboss on a business card, but it can be inset into a variety of custom-drawn patterns based on architectural cross-hatching. We presume that’s an attempt to show the transferrable skills that Brinkworth can apply to any number of client demands and the broad range of their creative practice, but that’s just our conjecture.
Alongside this visual work, Glasgow-based interactive studio Graphical House have built them an incredibly functional new website, based on GTF’s designs, that features even more of those custom patterns. Having spent a fair bit of time using it now I’m suddenly very aware of how out of date their last one was. Good to see them changing things up.
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michaels
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)