I don’t know if it’s seasonal, but there seems to be a lot of whimsical food photography around at the moment which, luckily, is a trend/era we are welcoming with open arms and jazz fingers combined.
Here we have contemporary Brittney Meyer with fast food as her muse. With more of a “let’s pour this syrup all over that dancefloor” vibe than the more conservative Sandy Skoglund, Brittney’s pieces suggest hours of fun in the back garden playing with mirrors and whatever she can find the fridge. Say what you like about putting exotic or processed food on weird surfaces being old news, but you can’t deny it’s kind of terrific.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again