I don’t know if it’s seasonal, but there seems to be a lot of whimsical food photography around at the moment which, luckily, is a trend/era we are welcoming with open arms and jazz fingers combined.
Here we have contemporary Brittney Meyer with fast food as her muse. With more of a “let’s pour this syrup all over that dancefloor” vibe than the more conservative Sandy Skoglund, Brittney’s pieces suggest hours of fun in the back garden playing with mirrors and whatever she can find the fridge. Say what you like about putting exotic or processed food on weird surfaces being old news, but you can’t deny it’s kind of terrific.
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood