I don’t know if it’s seasonal, but there seems to be a lot of whimsical food photography around at the moment which, luckily, is a trend/era we are welcoming with open arms and jazz fingers combined.
Here we have contemporary Brittney Meyer with fast food as her muse. With more of a “let’s pour this syrup all over that dancefloor” vibe than the more conservative Sandy Skoglund, Brittney’s pieces suggest hours of fun in the back garden playing with mirrors and whatever she can find the fridge. Say what you like about putting exotic or processed food on weird surfaces being old news, but you can’t deny it’s kind of terrific.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant