And so to Switzerland, where the C2F studio have just unveiled their brand spanking new website (although the .to suffix suggests it’s registered in Tonga,which is nicely random.) The multi award-winning agency was formed by Cybu Richli and Fabienne Burri and it’s not hard to see why they’re held in such high regard both by clients and the wider creative community.
There’s stand-out projects wherever you turn in their portfolio – from clever infographics showing TED’s global spread or the flights from Zurich airport to really strong identity work for the Swiss Design Network and Lucerne’s Werkbeiträge festival. Their work combines the best facts of the Swiss design heritage with contemporary trends to produce visual collateral that more than holds its own.
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting