Many major corporations have tapped into the benefits of having super-friendly, very lovely animations to promote their wares (yes that’s you, banks!) but this one seems much more, well, legit. onefinestay is a service that sets up your apartment or house when you go away so that people can come and stay and help you earn big dollar.
So what better way to celebrate such a nice idea than with a lovely animation? With beautiful illustrations by Maggie Li, director Dan Britt and art director Thom Bradley have produced an ad which makes you want to stick two-fingers up to rubbish hotels and sign up to onefinestay, stat.
- Kyle Platts and Andy Baker's animation takes us on a kaleidoscopic trip through the park
- Casper Balslev shows ballerinas wielding AK-47s in his ad for the Royal Danish Theatre
- An unusual custom typeface and great layouts for new print mag Migrant
- Bold, minimal-leaning graphic design from hot new studio Vrints-Kolsteren
- Daniel Savage’s monochrome animation plays with geometry and space
- Waverly Labs launches an earpiece that translates languages in real time
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- Milton Glaser: we talk drawing, ethics, Shakespeare and Trump with the graphic design legend
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Strange posters and superb typography from Venetian studio Tankboys
- Should designers specialise early, or have a “portfolio career”?