You must have heard by now that we’ve just released the first tickets for this year’s Here symposium with Adam Buxton, Rafael Rozendaal, Erik Kessels and Nelly Ben Hayoun already confirmed. But our excitement for Here 2013 is mingled with the proud glow of Here’s 2012 success and over the past few weeks we’ve started releasing videos of some of the amazing speakers who graced us with their presence. Today is the turn of filmmaker Carol Morley, whose extraordinary documentary Dreams of A Life – about a woman who lay dead in her flat for years – aired recently on Channel 4. Carol treated us to a fascinating glimpse into her process and why she feels outbound to tell certain stories.
Snap up your tickets for Here 2013 below!
- The frustration of crazy golf embodied by student animation collective Megacomputeur
- Enormous 20ft Barbies and bluebottles in real-life locations, by photographer Michael John Hunter
- French animator Jon Boutin's quick-witted shorts will have you creasing
- The MIT Technology Review design team share their love of printed matter
- Gemma Mahoney, a graphic design student producing professional work
- By designers, for designers: Monotype’s font subscription service
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU