Kids these days are spoilt. Not content with their televisions, laser tag, Subbuteo and Tomy products they’ve now got iPads, iPhones, miniature projectors, virtual reality headsets and each newborn child is surgically equipped with its own telescopic micro-scooter that folds out of the left leg for seamless travel to and from school. Those grinning little blighters have it all, except that last one – I made that up. Now they’ve got their grubby little hands on the very best animators around too with Cartoon Network recently commissioning some of the world’s best young talent to produce a spot for them.
The new ident is an animated exquisite-corps with six creatives given 10 seconds of music, a four-colour palette and all their favourite Cartoon Network characters with which to create a unique part of the piece. The final minute-long result features work from Alex Grigg, Eamonn O’Neill, Impactist, leCRCR, Rubber House and Awesome Inc. and is a belting journey through a crazy cartoon world that beats the hell out of anything I ever got sat in front of as a kid (curse you CITV!). Anyway, slap it on repeat and enjoy like the repressed child you really are!
- The wacky, zany and eccentric world of illustrator Egle Zvirblyte
- Maziyar Pahlevan’s monochrome portfolio is full of typographic experiments
- The cut glass assemblages of graphic-turned-3D designer Juli Bolaños-Durman
- Photographer Mico Toledo documents the defiant protestors of Standing Rock
- Kevin Umaña’s abstract paintings portray a musical symphony
- The delicately ornate, but very cheeky sculptures of Liv and Dom
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Special Projects on why, sometimes, design is best kept simple
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant