That fashion photographers often have favourite models to work with is no secret, but it’s not so common that they pay tribute to them with a beautifully designed 200 page tome by mammoth publishing house Rizzoli, and then plonk their names on the cover. But then Craig McDean has always been an exception.
Rizzoli’s glorious new publication Amber, Guinevere and Kate photographed by Craig McDean is a glowing homage to the years from 1993 to 2005, when post-production was still a thing of the future, freckles, laughter lines and imperfections were the stuff careers were built on and three women dominated both the pages of glossy magazines and the lens of Craig McDean’s camera. The book documents the careers of Amber Valletta, Guinevere van Seenus and Kate Moss, three models whose personality, grace and style inspired Craig to photograph them more than any others in this period. Designed by M/M (Paris) and with text by Mathias Augustyniak and Glenn O’Brien, it’ll have you longing for the simplicity of pre-Photoshop days.
Amber, Guinevere and Kate Photographed by Craig McDean is out now, published by Rizzoli.
- Sean and Seng travelled to Mongolia to shoot for Arena Homme+
- Joshua T Gibbons provides an insight into the relaxed bachelor lifestyle of Cockney Stan
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Latvian illustrator Zane Zlemeša's delicately painted drawings
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Linda Brownlee’s beautiful photography book captures family life in a Sicilian village
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich