Based in Brooklyn, illustrator Cute Brute creates delightfully risqué images with characters often in seductive poses or in offbeat situations. Mainly male-focused, the illustrator’s clean cut figures navigate a world that’s both familiar and surreal.
The eccentric nature of Cute Brute’s work is captured perfectly with two pert bottoms eating spaghetti à la Lady and the Tramp in one image and a bear-faced guy languishing by the fire with a glass of wine in another. Cute Brute’s sense of humour is wickedly on-point, as the illustrator’s style is cartoonish yet polished and so acutely observed, the images always remain on the right side of smutty.
Quirky, clever and a welcome break from the twee, Cute Brute works appear solely on Instagram so you can DM for prints, or simply enjoy the naughtiness as you scroll down your feed.
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors