Based in Brooklyn, illustrator Cute Brute creates delightfully risqué images with characters often in seductive poses or in offbeat situations. Mainly male-focused, the illustrator’s clean cut figures navigate a world that’s both familiar and surreal.
The eccentric nature of Cute Brute’s work is captured perfectly with two pert bottoms eating spaghetti à la Lady and the Tramp in one image and a bear-faced guy languishing by the fire with a glass of wine in another. Cute Brute’s sense of humour is wickedly on-point, as the illustrator’s style is cartoonish yet polished and so acutely observed, the images always remain on the right side of smutty.
Quirky, clever and a welcome break from the twee, Cute Brute works appear solely on Instagram so you can DM for prints, or simply enjoy the naughtiness as you scroll down your feed.
- Rodion Kitaev illustrates the goings on of an office party in mammoth detail
- Makings of a Man: It’s Nice That and Harry’s invite you to be a life model for a day
- A higgledy-piggledy, funny yet tragic tale: The Romance of the Skeleton
- Tiago Galo’s refreshing, travel-themed illustrations remind us of sunnier times
- Artist Morgan Blair on her “pathological need to make you laugh”
- Lennarts & de Bruijn’s “hot as hell” campaign for Utrecht club, Ekko
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books