Ahead of this summer’s sporting spectacular, most would have assumed the Paralympics would play second fiddle to the Olympics. That they didn’t is down in no small part to Channel 4’s extraordinarily successful way of repositioning the Paralympics based around the Meet the Superhumans campaign. Billing the achievements of disabled athletes as something over and above their able-bodied counterparts, it captured the public’s imagination and seems to have irrevocably changed attitudes to disability in the UK.
Dan Brooke is Channel 4’s head of marketing and communications and we are delighted that he will join us at In Progress to outline how the channel came up with and implemented such a successful, important strategy. His background in advertising with brands like Coca Cola and American Express led to a career in television taking in significant launches for the likes of Paramount Comedy and E4, so Dan is well-placed to give a unique insight into how the different creative threads came together to form one of the defining campaigns of 2012.
The full programme and last few tickets for In Progress can be found here inprogress2012.eventbrite.com
In Progress is kindly supported by Lowdi the portable wireless speaker. Thanks also to the lovely folk at KeepCups and Icon Printing for throwing together some great goodies for all In Progress attendees.
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michaels
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)