Now that we’ve produced a hardback book all of our own we can say with some authority that it takes ages to get it right. But it’s taken Daniel Blom 10 whole years of hard slog to get his first one out there. As a photographer specialising in surf and snowboard photography, Daniel’s been commissioned by every extreme sports lifestyle brand under the sun, travelling the length and breadth of the globe to capture sun-kissed beaches and pure white glaciers. His passion for the sports he shoots also extends into personal work and he’s built up an enormous body of exceptional snowboarding photographs that make up the body of Drifting Decade, a 240-page beast of a book.
If you’re a fan of winter sports, or just like a perfectly-timed, expertly-captured bit of photography then you’ll be powerless to resist the charms of Daniel’s book – a stunning piece of sporting documentation.
- Swedish artist Ekta reconsiders simple geometric shapes
- Rob Bailey talks through creating over 40 posters for London Underground
- Costa Rican illustrator Adrian Mangel draws the modern American landscape
- Ellen van Engelen takes us on a trip with her psychedelic illustrations
- Swiss creative agency Raffinerie displays expertise in graphic and type design
- The It’s Nice That Podcast: Discussing the form and function of money
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know