Put The Times, The Olympics, Harper Collins and two of the industry’s finest graphic designers into a giant mixing bowl and it’s no surprise that the end result is pretty tasty. Commissioned by the newspaper to put together a publication documenting the very best of the newspaper’s coverage of this year’s Olympic Games, Steve Fenn and Tom Pollard’s take on the somewhat dreamy brief – The Games – is simply stunning.
With full page photographs perfectly matched with bright block colour title pages bursting with beautiful simplicity, the new book takes centre stage on the medalist podium when it comes to sleek graphic design.
Formally part of the renowned graphic design studio Studio8 Design (which closed its doors last year), the duo’s new venture Design by St launched its lovely new website this week – and it’s not hard to see why they’re so well-respected with clients including Conde Nast, WIRED Magazine and The Spectator.
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- August Diary: where to go and what to see
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale