Put The Times, The Olympics, Harper Collins and two of the industry’s finest graphic designers into a giant mixing bowl and it’s no surprise that the end result is pretty tasty. Commissioned by the newspaper to put together a publication documenting the very best of the newspaper’s coverage of this year’s Olympic Games, Steve Fenn and Tom Pollard’s take on the somewhat dreamy brief – The Games – is simply stunning.
With full page photographs perfectly matched with bright block colour title pages bursting with beautiful simplicity, the new book takes centre stage on the medalist podium when it comes to sleek graphic design.
Formally part of the renowned graphic design studio Studio8 Design (which closed its doors last year), the duo’s new venture Design by St launched its lovely new website this week – and it’s not hard to see why they’re so well-respected with clients including Conde Nast, WIRED Magazine and The Spectator.
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August