Put The Times, The Olympics, Harper Collins and two of the industry’s finest graphic designers into a giant mixing bowl and it’s no surprise that the end result is pretty tasty. Commissioned by the newspaper to put together a publication documenting the very best of the newspaper’s coverage of this year’s Olympic Games, Steve Fenn and Tom Pollard’s take on the somewhat dreamy brief – The Games – is simply stunning.
With full page photographs perfectly matched with bright block colour title pages bursting with beautiful simplicity, the new book takes centre stage on the medalist podium when it comes to sleek graphic design.
Formally part of the renowned graphic design studio Studio8 Design (which closed its doors last year), the duo’s new venture Design by St launched its lovely new website this week – and it’s not hard to see why they’re so well-respected with clients including Conde Nast, WIRED Magazine and The Spectator.
- Meet graphic designer Tor Weibull and his tubular metal typography
- Glasgow watch company Paulin launch new Art Deco-inspired typeface
- Samuel Douek on his pop-up queer art space CAMPerVAN at Tate Modern
- Agnese Morganti celebrates the sparkle and community of Italy’s majorettes
- Friday Mixtape: Visions Festival make us a mix of eclectic acts from its line up
- Evan M. Cohen’s black-and-white comics address modern anxiety
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Colette, the trailblazer: creatives pay tribute to the iconic Parisian store and its legacy
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels