Put The Times, The Olympics, Harper Collins and two of the industry’s finest graphic designers into a giant mixing bowl and it’s no surprise that the end result is pretty tasty. Commissioned by the newspaper to put together a publication documenting the very best of the newspaper’s coverage of this year’s Olympic Games, Steve Fenn and Tom Pollard’s take on the somewhat dreamy brief – The Games – is simply stunning.
With full page photographs perfectly matched with bright block colour title pages bursting with beautiful simplicity, the new book takes centre stage on the medalist podium when it comes to sleek graphic design.
Formally part of the renowned graphic design studio Studio8 Design (which closed its doors last year), the duo’s new venture Design by St launched its lovely new website this week – and it’s not hard to see why they’re so well-respected with clients including Conde Nast, WIRED Magazine and The Spectator.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan