Put The Times, The Olympics, Harper Collins and two of the industry’s finest graphic designers into a giant mixing bowl and it’s no surprise that the end result is pretty tasty. Commissioned by the newspaper to put together a publication documenting the very best of the newspaper’s coverage of this year’s Olympic Games, Steve Fenn and Tom Pollard’s take on the somewhat dreamy brief – The Games – is simply stunning.
With full page photographs perfectly matched with bright block colour title pages bursting with beautiful simplicity, the new book takes centre stage on the medalist podium when it comes to sleek graphic design.
Formally part of the renowned graphic design studio Studio8 Design (which closed its doors last year), the duo’s new venture Design by St launched its lovely new website this week – and it’s not hard to see why they’re so well-respected with clients including Conde Nast, WIRED Magazine and The Spectator.
- The idyllic and relatable still lifes of Bradley Kerl
- We spoke to the director behind Young Thug's "Wyclef Jean" video
- Illustrator Marina Pcheliakova’s happy characters follow a range of leisure pursuits
- A closer look at the work of “performer and plastic artist” Caroline Denervaud
- Oriele Steiner’s naive pastel works interpret the world around her
- Alan Resnick animates the adventures of his odd little character Johnny Bubble
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant