A few minutes’ walk from It’s Nice That HQ in east London, nestled in a Clerkenwell back street sits Drakes London, the largest independent hand-made tie producer in England. Behind an unassuming facade you enter a world where consummate craftsmanship, care and quality control combine to create some of the most sought-after neck-decorations around. Owner Michael Hill gave us a guided tour along with filmmaker Jai Rafferty and this is the piece we produced, a celebration of the timeless perfection of super-skilled hand-made garments.
The track comes courtesy of the excellent Rob Dunstone.
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016