A few minutes’ walk from It’s Nice That HQ in east London, nestled in a Clerkenwell back street sits Drakes London, the largest independent hand-made tie producer in England. Behind an unassuming facade you enter a world where consummate craftsmanship, care and quality control combine to create some of the most sought-after neck-decorations around. Owner Michael Hill gave us a guided tour along with filmmaker Jai Rafferty and this is the piece we produced, a celebration of the timeless perfection of super-skilled hand-made garments.
The track comes courtesy of the excellent Rob Dunstone.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August