A few minutes’ walk from It’s Nice That HQ in east London, nestled in a Clerkenwell back street sits Drakes London, the largest independent hand-made tie producer in England. Behind an unassuming facade you enter a world where consummate craftsmanship, care and quality control combine to create some of the most sought-after neck-decorations around. Owner Michael Hill gave us a guided tour along with filmmaker Jai Rafferty and this is the piece we produced, a celebration of the timeless perfection of super-skilled hand-made garments.
The track comes courtesy of the excellent Rob Dunstone.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?