A few minutes’ walk from It’s Nice That HQ in east London, nestled in a Clerkenwell back street sits Drakes London, the largest independent hand-made tie producer in England. Behind an unassuming facade you enter a world where consummate craftsmanship, care and quality control combine to create some of the most sought-after neck-decorations around. Owner Michael Hill gave us a guided tour along with filmmaker Jai Rafferty and this is the piece we produced, a celebration of the timeless perfection of super-skilled hand-made garments.
The track comes courtesy of the excellent Rob Dunstone.
- Dressed in Black: the resolute book covers of the Spektrum series
- Dima Shriyeav’s textured poster designs incorporate hand-drawn and digital elements
- Hai-Hsin Huang’s detailed and delicate illustrations present “the lightness of being”
- Laurent Eisler draws playful figures in “precariously balanced compositions”
- Small Gods magazine explores “anomalies of the drone”
- Adam Wells animates Love and Radio’s Dan Deacon interview through obtuse vignettes
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s