All hail December, king among months, when drinking in the week becomes the norm and children everywhere learn that advent calendars aren’t nearly as fun as people make out. But while the rest of the world winds down into a pre Christmas torpor, here at It’s Nice That we step up and keep the good stuff coming. A conference and a new magazine you say? Ambassador you are really spoiling us…
Next Friday (December 9) sees In Progress take place at The Barbican, a look back on the big hits of 2011 and a look forward to see how they will shape 2012 and beyond. There’s a ridiculous roster of big names ready to take the stage and a handful of tickets still available, so what the heck are you waiting for?
In other BIG NEWS you will know by now that issue No.7 of our magazine was launched on Monday, and we don’t mind saying, well it’s a bit embarrassing, but it’s AMAZING. With an eye-catching redesign, a host of great features and a naked Brazilian man having a shower on the front, we’re prouder than a camera-toting parent watching their kid’s first nativity play.
And of course the good times keep on rolling online where we are counting down to our Review of the Year. Set to launch on the week of December 19 it’ll be a rootin-tootin rundown revelling in the best 2011 threw up for our delectation, and it’ll bounce right though to the New Year.
So be ready gentle readers, 2011 ain’t over yet….
- Brian Griffin's haunting new photography book documents paths that led to the Holocaust
- Japanese designer Tadashi Ueda is back with some ambiguously playful posters
- Great design redressing scuzzy skate aesthetics for new totally rad boardsports mag
- Eric Shaw's abstract looped paintings start as digital sketches
- The Midlands folk who celebrate all-things American, shot beautifully by Tom Martin
- Matthew Brooks documents the eerie homes of mid-century Italian-Canadian immigrants
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)