All hail December, king among months, when drinking in the week becomes the norm and children everywhere learn that advent calendars aren’t nearly as fun as people make out. But while the rest of the world winds down into a pre Christmas torpor, here at It’s Nice That we step up and keep the good stuff coming. A conference and a new magazine you say? Ambassador you are really spoiling us…
Next Friday (December 9) sees In Progress take place at The Barbican, a look back on the big hits of 2011 and a look forward to see how they will shape 2012 and beyond. There’s a ridiculous roster of big names ready to take the stage and a handful of tickets still available, so what the heck are you waiting for?
In other BIG NEWS you will know by now that issue No.7 of our magazine was launched on Monday, and we don’t mind saying, well it’s a bit embarrassing, but it’s AMAZING. With an eye-catching redesign, a host of great features and a naked Brazilian man having a shower on the front, we’re prouder than a camera-toting parent watching their kid’s first nativity play.
And of course the good times keep on rolling online where we are counting down to our Review of the Year. Set to launch on the week of December 19 it’ll be a rootin-tootin rundown revelling in the best 2011 threw up for our delectation, and it’ll bounce right though to the New Year.
So be ready gentle readers, 2011 ain’t over yet….
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant