All hail December, king among months, when drinking in the week becomes the norm and children everywhere learn that advent calendars aren’t nearly as fun as people make out. But while the rest of the world winds down into a pre Christmas torpor, here at It’s Nice That we step up and keep the good stuff coming. A conference and a new magazine you say? Ambassador you are really spoiling us…
Next Friday (December 9) sees In Progress take place at The Barbican, a look back on the big hits of 2011 and a look forward to see how they will shape 2012 and beyond. There’s a ridiculous roster of big names ready to take the stage and a handful of tickets still available, so what the heck are you waiting for?
In other BIG NEWS you will know by now that issue No.7 of our magazine was launched on Monday, and we don’t mind saying, well it’s a bit embarrassing, but it’s AMAZING. With an eye-catching redesign, a host of great features and a naked Brazilian man having a shower on the front, we’re prouder than a camera-toting parent watching their kid’s first nativity play.
And of course the good times keep on rolling online where we are counting down to our Review of the Year. Set to launch on the week of December 19 it’ll be a rootin-tootin rundown revelling in the best 2011 threw up for our delectation, and it’ll bounce right though to the New Year.
So be ready gentle readers, 2011 ain’t over yet….
- Cheeky, irreverent and vivid illustrations by Thomas Hedger
- Brilliant branding and a cracking It’s Nice That collaboration: introducing Unmade
- Director collective Canada creates raunchy, psychedelic video for Tame Impala (NSFW)
- Stylish designs that aim to make online gift-buying as fun as "walking around a concept store"
- Alex Sheridan’s hilarious shots of comedian David O’Doherty in sports memorabilia
- Cult magazine Nova and its nods to “eroticism and extortion” photographed in a suitably 70s setting
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Making branding with a purpose: what can we learn from the Bauhaus?