As you know I’m not one to point the finger of blame at anyone but my Editor’s Letter is a few days late and we need to find the culprit. Now I’m prepared – as the editor and the person who writes the editor’s letter – to take the lion’s share of the blame but I think maybe in the interests of ongoing harmony that we all learn a bit of lesson, collectively, and move on. Deal? Great, well let me crack on and tell you what’s coming up for February.
First of all the podcast is coming back with a bang THIS VERY FRIDAY with a slightly tweaked format but the same combination of art and design news and views, as well as some more irreverent nonsense. Be excited ears of the world – and catch up on what you’ve missed in Series Two here.
You may have seen by now that we’ve started dropping the videos from last year’s Here conference with wit and wisdom from the likes of Eike Konig, Giles Duley and Quentin Jones now available for your viewing pleasure. And next week we’ll be releasing early bird tickets for this year’s Here symposium. I can’t tell you who’s speaking but trust me when I say there’s some STONKING names confirmed already.
What’s that? You can’t wait until next week? Ok, well how about a new event we’re launching tomorrow? Good news then because we’ll be releasing details of an exciting new monthly venture around lunchtime and tickets are sure to be hotter than the sun.
And while we’re on exciting launches hands-up who’s keen to find out all about the new It’s Nice That published magazine? March 8 is the date for your diaries then and it’s no word of a lie to say that everyone here at It’s Nice That headquarters is super-excited with a thrilling new direction for our print offering.
Enough teasing though. Something you can enjoy right now is our collaboration with the excellent guys at Represent Recruitment to investigate what factors, physical and cultural, make up the ideal studio.. The list of agencies involved is stunning and there’s a mass of insight to enjoy every weekday this month.
And that’s just about that. Loving your work as ever team. Now let’s never talk of the delay again.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages