We’re ready for March. I mean we’re ready for anything here at It’s Nice That, so by definition we’re ready for March. But we’re really ready for March because February sneaked in a cheeky extra day which caught us largely on the hop. Finally though we can revel in all 31 days of March-y madness because here it is. Find out what we have in store for our beautiful readers (and any mediocre looking ones too)…
Magazine wise we have quite the date for your diary, Thursday March 22 when Issue No.8 is sent into the world. Now of course you’re going to expect us to hype it to high heavens, but believe you me this is an unmissable issue of our beloved publication.
Where do we start – John Pawson, Paula Scher, Slavs and Tatars, Tung Walsh, Bompas & Parr, Michael Landy all give dizzyingly diverse and delicious takes on the mag’s space theme, plus – PLUS! – there’s a jaw-droppingly gorgeous print by Cyril Porchet if you pre-order. So, yeah, we’re pretty fluffing excited – hope you are too.
You can pre-order Issue No.8 here, or why not watch our video interview with art director Ray O’Meara below? Great man, great shirt.
Online the great site redesign draws ever nearer, with our wonderful developers With Associates hard at work making our plans a reality. Things are going to change and we understand that people are very fond of what we do now – rest assured that we have taken that into account and respect for our readers has been at the heart of every decision we have taken.
To coincide with the relaunch we are also developing some new features for the site, pushing our cultural coverage in new and exciting directions which we hope you will love.
Last, but you know by no means least, our events team is currently dividing their time. They’re reflecting on the recent Words Words Words talks at Selfridges which were a massive success thanks to our brilliant, eclectic line-ups of speakers and to everyone who came down and joined in, and hatching plans for a slew of new projects bringing you and us face-to face over the coming months. Keep your eyes on the prize (i.e. the site) for more details.
Have a super sweet month.
- Mirka Laura Severa makes snowmen models in fashion shoot for SZ Magazin
- 100 hours with The Beatles: Shimpei Asai's photographs from 1966
- Joe Schlaud's cheeky Kama Sutra illustrations (NSFW)
- Artist Matthew F Fisher paints seascapes and wildlife with vivid precision
- Hayley Louisa Brown on travelling to Memphis as part of Ace & Tate's Creative Fund
- Photographer Roe Ethridge’s images blur the lines between commercial and sentimental
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”