We’re ready for March. I mean we’re ready for anything here at It’s Nice That, so by definition we’re ready for March. But we’re really ready for March because February sneaked in a cheeky extra day which caught us largely on the hop. Finally though we can revel in all 31 days of March-y madness because here it is. Find out what we have in store for our beautiful readers (and any mediocre looking ones too)…
Magazine wise we have quite the date for your diary, Thursday March 22 when Issue No.8 is sent into the world. Now of course you’re going to expect us to hype it to high heavens, but believe you me this is an unmissable issue of our beloved publication.
Where do we start – John Pawson, Paula Scher, Slavs and Tatars, Tung Walsh, Bompas & Parr, Michael Landy all give dizzyingly diverse and delicious takes on the mag’s space theme, plus – PLUS! – there’s a jaw-droppingly gorgeous print by Cyril Porchet if you pre-order. So, yeah, we’re pretty fluffing excited – hope you are too.
You can pre-order Issue No.8 here, or why not watch our video interview with art director Ray O’Meara below? Great man, great shirt.
Online the great site redesign draws ever nearer, with our wonderful developers With Associates hard at work making our plans a reality. Things are going to change and we understand that people are very fond of what we do now – rest assured that we have taken that into account and respect for our readers has been at the heart of every decision we have taken.
To coincide with the relaunch we are also developing some new features for the site, pushing our cultural coverage in new and exciting directions which we hope you will love.
Last, but you know by no means least, our events team is currently dividing their time. They’re reflecting on the recent Words Words Words talks at Selfridges which were a massive success thanks to our brilliant, eclectic line-ups of speakers and to everyone who came down and joined in, and hatching plans for a slew of new projects bringing you and us face-to face over the coming months. Keep your eyes on the prize (i.e. the site) for more details.
Have a super sweet month.
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery