November – the calendrical bridesmaid forced to walk up the annual aisle ahead of the month everyone’s come to see. Poor, meek, cold November with a false, fixed grin. And yet, what’s this? It’s Nice That is ready to rock and roll November until her feet ache and she feels a bit dizzy. Tortuous metaphor aside, this way to find out more about our plans for the next 30 days…
Online, Student of the Month is back with a bang, courtesy of Charlie Behrens and his process-driven brilliance. It will continue to run throughout the academic year and we are keen for students in any country, studying any discipline to submit their stuff. Keep an eye out for a newly expanded student section on the site due to launch over the coming weeks.
You may have realised too that we have stepped up the number of posts we put up each day – to be honest we felt there was little point waiting if we had great content and we hope you enjoy our souped-up cultural coverage.
We are also chuffing excited about the launch of Issue 7 of the magazine. It has undergone an eye-catching redesign and will drop (as the cool kids say) later this month. There’ll be updates appearing on the site as the big day draws ever nearer, including who we’ll be featuring and how you can get your mitts on a copy.
And we are really looking forward to our In Progress conference at The Barbican on December 9. With a top roster of speakers – including Google’s Tom Uglow, Berg’s Matt Jones, Hyper Island UK’s David McCall and Lindsey Hilsum, Channel 4’s international editor – reflecting on the trends that defined 2011 and looking ahead to 2012, it is sure to be an insightful, invaluable day of cool thinky stuff. Buy your tickets here.
November, let’s do this thing.
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August