As befits a leading design organisation, the AIGA has had some very special posters created for it over the course of its illustrious history. Now Eight Inc.’s Matt Judge and Markus Nonn have produced another head-turning piece in response to an open call for both Bay Area-based and international designers to answer an Inside/Outside brief.
They produced a 3D art piece made up from laser-cut, etched and then bound acrylic inspired by the city’s famous hilly landscape. With a tongue-in-cheek twist on the famous Apple product signature – “Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China” – there’s is the kind of excellent left field thinking often sadly sparse when it comes tho these kinds of brief. Top work chaps!
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?