As befits a leading design organisation, the AIGA has had some very special posters created for it over the course of its illustrious history. Now Eight Inc.’s Matt Judge and Markus Nonn have produced another head-turning piece in response to an open call for both Bay Area-based and international designers to answer an Inside/Outside brief.
They produced a 3D art piece made up from laser-cut, etched and then bound acrylic inspired by the city’s famous hilly landscape. With a tongue-in-cheek twist on the famous Apple product signature – “Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China” – there’s is the kind of excellent left field thinking often sadly sparse when it comes tho these kinds of brief. Top work chaps!
- Brian Griffin's haunting new photography book documents paths that led to the Holocaust
- Japanese designer Tadashi Ueda is back with some ambiguously playful posters
- Great design redressing scuzzy skate aesthetics for new totally rad boardsports mag
- Eric Shaw's abstract looped paintings start as digital sketches
- The Midlands folk who celebrate all-things American, shot beautifully by Tom Martin
- Matthew Brooks documents the eerie homes of mid-century Italian-Canadian immigrants
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)