As befits a leading design organisation, the AIGA has had some very special posters created for it over the course of its illustrious history. Now Eight Inc.’s Matt Judge and Markus Nonn have produced another head-turning piece in response to an open call for both Bay Area-based and international designers to answer an Inside/Outside brief.
They produced a 3D art piece made up from laser-cut, etched and then bound acrylic inspired by the city’s famous hilly landscape. With a tongue-in-cheek twist on the famous Apple product signature – “Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China” – there’s is the kind of excellent left field thinking often sadly sparse when it comes tho these kinds of brief. Top work chaps!
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Like a warm embrace, it's Best of the Web!
- Swedish illustrator Malin Rosenqvist creates textural works about psychology and powerful women
- Animator Jimmy Simpson creates technology-inspired ident for MTV
- Leander Assmann's illustrations are full of paired-back shapes and patterns
- Illustrator Andrey Kasay invites us into his surreal yet amusing world
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio