As befits a leading design organisation, the AIGA has had some very special posters created for it over the course of its illustrious history. Now Eight Inc.’s Matt Judge and Markus Nonn have produced another head-turning piece in response to an open call for both Bay Area-based and international designers to answer an Inside/Outside brief.
They produced a 3D art piece made up from laser-cut, etched and then bound acrylic inspired by the city’s famous hilly landscape. With a tongue-in-cheek twist on the famous Apple product signature – “Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China” – there’s is the kind of excellent left field thinking often sadly sparse when it comes tho these kinds of brief. Top work chaps!
- Submit Saturdays: Should you create a portfolio website when you’re a student?
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100