As befits a leading design organisation, the AIGA has had some very special posters created for it over the course of its illustrious history. Now Eight Inc.’s Matt Judge and Markus Nonn have produced another head-turning piece in response to an open call for both Bay Area-based and international designers to answer an Inside/Outside brief.
They produced a 3D art piece made up from laser-cut, etched and then bound acrylic inspired by the city’s famous hilly landscape. With a tongue-in-cheek twist on the famous Apple product signature – “Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China” – there’s is the kind of excellent left field thinking often sadly sparse when it comes tho these kinds of brief. Top work chaps!
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations