It is a writer’s job to flower things up, describe things beautifully and add just the right amount of wit and personality that ensures the audience are kept excited with each new word they read. But while I’d love to think that my writing ticks those boxes, when it comes to dreamy illustrator Elena Xausa her own self description is pretty spot on. You only have to click on her welcome page in which she cheerily writes: “Welcome to my crazy, messy, easy, buzzy world!” to get a drift of what the talented Berlin-based artist is all about. And, with such a cheery introduction, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that her work follows suit, “crazy and messy”, cheery and colourful and above all refreshingly lighthearted – Elena’s illustrations are brilliant.
Working across both commercial and personal projects, Elena’s illustrations stand out with their beautifully smooth curves, and come with jolly and slightly bizarre titles such as Happy Carpets, Tea Circus and Feet Dance, you can’t help but smile at her rosy outlook on the world.
- Hilarious send-up of selfie culture from Mercedes-Benz, Justin O'Shea and Jayne Min
- Mattis Dovier tracks the painful metamorphosis of man into machine in his new short
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)