You might have endured a slow, hot afternoon in university learning code at in a way that didn’t seem to make much sensebut turns out it’s very important in this day and age. Did you see that appeal that the big dogs like Bill Gates and Facebook put out a few weeks back? The world needs coders! And not just people who can make websites either, the world need people who can make a website run properly and look very well-designed indeed. Steer has just launched a new series of two day courses for designers to learn how to make their (online) dreams a reality.
It’s Nice That director Will Hudson recently went on one of the Steer courses and he can vouch for their success in introducing newbies to the world of coding, but these upcoming courses are aimed at people with the basics already covered.
So what are you waiting for? See you in class.
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- See the work of some of Nick Knight's most impressive new protégés
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain