With the imminent arrival of all things in Olympic here in London comes a raft of cultural and creative projects launching to coincide with the games. As you’d expect they range from the fascinating and fabulous to those with, shall we say, less obvious merit. We’re only concerned with the cream of the crop though and it was just over 12 months ago when we interviewed the team behind Fantastic Factology. The brainchild of The Klassnik Corporation, Riitta Ikonen and We Made That, FF brings a little mental wow-factor to this celebration of muscle by installing community-sourced facts on a series of benches around the Olympic Park.
Ranging from metaphysics to the 300 Mongolian words for horse it’s a truly eclectic selection, showcased brilliantly by Europa’s gorgeous website which allows you to jump around the project from the comfort of your own computer screen.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August