With the imminent arrival of all things in Olympic here in London comes a raft of cultural and creative projects launching to coincide with the games. As you’d expect they range from the fascinating and fabulous to those with, shall we say, less obvious merit. We’re only concerned with the cream of the crop though and it was just over 12 months ago when we interviewed the team behind Fantastic Factology. The brainchild of The Klassnik Corporation, Riitta Ikonen and We Made That, FF brings a little mental wow-factor to this celebration of muscle by installing community-sourced facts on a series of benches around the Olympic Park.
Ranging from metaphysics to the 300 Mongolian words for horse it’s a truly eclectic selection, showcased brilliantly by Europa’s gorgeous website which allows you to jump around the project from the comfort of your own computer screen.
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf