With the imminent arrival of all things in Olympic here in London comes a raft of cultural and creative projects launching to coincide with the games. As you’d expect they range from the fascinating and fabulous to those with, shall we say, less obvious merit. We’re only concerned with the cream of the crop though and it was just over 12 months ago when we interviewed the team behind Fantastic Factology. The brainchild of The Klassnik Corporation, Riitta Ikonen and We Made That, FF brings a little mental wow-factor to this celebration of muscle by installing community-sourced facts on a series of benches around the Olympic Park.
Ranging from metaphysics to the 300 Mongolian words for horse it’s a truly eclectic selection, showcased brilliantly by Europa’s gorgeous website which allows you to jump around the project from the comfort of your own computer screen.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"