Any fashion designer who gets their clothes illustrated by Rose Blake for their look book is fine by us! Even better when the clothes to go with it are fun, well-designed and genuinely wearable. Louise Markey is an Australian designer who now resides in the UK where she provides the public with a tomboyish set of clothing made of well-sourced fabrics in bright, cheerful colours.
After completing a Masters at Central St Martins Louise decided to fill a hole in the market with her ready-to-wear, well-considered pieces and caught the attention of Burberry and other luxury fashion houses for which she consults and designs. So far so good for Louise, and we’re certain from the look of her SS 2014 collection that next year’s going to bring very exciting things for her.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?