Any fashion designer who gets their clothes illustrated by Rose Blake for their look book is fine by us! Even better when the clothes to go with it are fun, well-designed and genuinely wearable. Louise Markey is an Australian designer who now resides in the UK where she provides the public with a tomboyish set of clothing made of well-sourced fabrics in bright, cheerful colours.
After completing a Masters at Central St Martins Louise decided to fill a hole in the market with her ready-to-wear, well-considered pieces and caught the attention of Burberry and other luxury fashion houses for which she consults and designs. So far so good for Louise, and we’re certain from the look of her SS 2014 collection that next year’s going to bring very exciting things for her.
- Sean and Seng travelled to Mongolia to shoot for Arena Homme+
- Joshua T Gibbons provides an insight into the relaxed bachelor lifestyle of Cockney Stan
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Latvian illustrator Zane Zlemeša's delicately painted drawings
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Linda Brownlee’s beautiful photography book captures family life in a Sicilian village
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich