Any fashion designer who gets their clothes illustrated by Rose Blake for their look book is fine by us! Even better when the clothes to go with it are fun, well-designed and genuinely wearable. Louise Markey is an Australian designer who now resides in the UK where she provides the public with a tomboyish set of clothing made of well-sourced fabrics in bright, cheerful colours.
After completing a Masters at Central St Martins Louise decided to fill a hole in the market with her ready-to-wear, well-considered pieces and caught the attention of Burberry and other luxury fashion houses for which she consults and designs. So far so good for Louise, and we’re certain from the look of her SS 2014 collection that next year’s going to bring very exciting things for her.
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf