Just when I thought I had seen enough fashion to last me until the next London Fashion Week (which seems to happen about every five weeks) BAM! Here comes a collection that totally blew me away. I can honestly say I have never seen anything like this before, it was like a match was struck in my brain and sparked nostalgia for early episodes of Blackadder and that cute lil’ Childlike Empress from The NeverEnding Story. Dreamy!
The collection is the work of one of New York’s best fashion designers, Thom Browne. His fantastical women’s Autumn/Winter 2014 collection was photographed by super photographer Lea Colombo for Dazed and Confused which has basically poured a whole new bucket of vibes all over the place. Lea is so skilled at photographing the backstage environments of fashion shows and her work has a signature style that totally fits Thom’s aesthetic. And what an aesthetic. I’m still making huge lists of what it reminds me of, now I’m seeing the ballroom scene from Labyrinth mixed with the wedding scene from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. Not outfits you can necessarily get away with in your local ’Spoons, but impressive nonetheless.
- Making propaganda about propaganda: Metahaven’s new film considers fantasy and truth in internet culture
- The world’s largest Renoir collection is made accessible to all by filmmaker Phil Grabsky
- Ryan Peltier plays with scale in his neatly constructed space-themed illustrations
- First Dates for those who create: Jessica Walsh and Timothy Goodman talk dating and working (and both)
- Vogue celebrates 100 years of style at the National Portrait Gallery
- Superb designs by London studio Julia for the Whitechapel Gallery
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016