Just when I thought I had seen enough fashion to last me until the next London Fashion Week (which seems to happen about every five weeks) BAM! Here comes a collection that totally blew me away. I can honestly say I have never seen anything like this before, it was like a match was struck in my brain and sparked nostalgia for early episodes of Blackadder and that cute lil’ Childlike Empress from The NeverEnding Story. Dreamy!
The collection is the work of one of New York’s best fashion designers, Thom Browne. His fantastical women’s Autumn/Winter 2014 collection was photographed by super photographer Lea Colombo for Dazed and Confused which has basically poured a whole new bucket of vibes all over the place. Lea is so skilled at photographing the backstage environments of fashion shows and her work has a signature style that totally fits Thom’s aesthetic. And what an aesthetic. I’m still making huge lists of what it reminds me of, now I’m seeing the ballroom scene from Labyrinth mixed with the wedding scene from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. Not outfits you can necessarily get away with in your local ’Spoons, but impressive nonetheless.
- Submit Saturdays: Should you create a portfolio website when you’re a student?
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100