Just when I thought I had seen enough fashion to last me until the next London Fashion Week (which seems to happen about every five weeks) BAM! Here comes a collection that totally blew me away. I can honestly say I have never seen anything like this before, it was like a match was struck in my brain and sparked nostalgia for early episodes of Blackadder and that cute lil’ Childlike Empress from The NeverEnding Story. Dreamy!
The collection is the work of one of New York’s best fashion designers, Thom Browne. His fantastical women’s Autumn/Winter 2014 collection was photographed by super photographer Lea Colombo for Dazed and Confused which has basically poured a whole new bucket of vibes all over the place. Lea is so skilled at photographing the backstage environments of fashion shows and her work has a signature style that totally fits Thom’s aesthetic. And what an aesthetic. I’m still making huge lists of what it reminds me of, now I’m seeing the ballroom scene from Labyrinth mixed with the wedding scene from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. Not outfits you can necessarily get away with in your local ’Spoons, but impressive nonetheless.
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August