Just when I thought I had seen enough fashion to last me until the next London Fashion Week (which seems to happen about every five weeks) BAM! Here comes a collection that totally blew me away. I can honestly say I have never seen anything like this before, it was like a match was struck in my brain and sparked nostalgia for early episodes of Blackadder and that cute lil’ Childlike Empress from The NeverEnding Story. Dreamy!
The collection is the work of one of New York’s best fashion designers, Thom Browne. His fantastical women’s Autumn/Winter 2014 collection was photographed by super photographer Lea Colombo for Dazed and Confused which has basically poured a whole new bucket of vibes all over the place. Lea is so skilled at photographing the backstage environments of fashion shows and her work has a signature style that totally fits Thom’s aesthetic. And what an aesthetic. I’m still making huge lists of what it reminds me of, now I’m seeing the ballroom scene from Labyrinth mixed with the wedding scene from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. Not outfits you can necessarily get away with in your local ’Spoons, but impressive nonetheless.
- The creative team behind John Grant’s post-apocalyptic world
- They have beauty, they have grace, they are Jack Mears’ ceramic dogs
- Caroline Tompkins deftly captures goggle marks, swim caps and foam floats
- Illustrator Jan Robert Duennweller's erratic style creates "visual headlines"
- Réka Neszmélyi's boundary breaking identity for Hungarian Bánkitó Cultural & Music Festival 2016
- Five things to remember as a young creative
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale