We said no Valentine’s Day posts but here we are publishing a romantic video made by a couple. Love-based it is, but cheesy it is not. This video for French band Petit Fantome L is a collection of spine-tinglingly great archive footage (what is it about seeing people jumping into lakes that makes you pine for summer and kissing?) that has been collated in an interactive format.
You have to see for yourself to understand, but basically click about like an open-mouthed monkey and you’ll see that as you do the images start to overlap and go all John Stezaker in front of your very eyes. We’ve known these two have been very talented for a long while now, so to see them collaborate together and with a little help from their friends at HOAV Studio is warming our cockles nicely. You can see their collaborative mood board over here on their Tumblr.
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Artist Kirsty Harris revisits the CND protests from a personal perspective
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100