We said no Valentine’s Day posts but here we are publishing a romantic video made by a couple. Love-based it is, but cheesy it is not. This video for French band Petit Fantome L is a collection of spine-tinglingly great archive footage (what is it about seeing people jumping into lakes that makes you pine for summer and kissing?) that has been collated in an interactive format.
You have to see for yourself to understand, but basically click about like an open-mouthed monkey and you’ll see that as you do the images start to overlap and go all John Stezaker in front of your very eyes. We’ve known these two have been very talented for a long while now, so to see them collaborate together and with a little help from their friends at HOAV Studio is warming our cockles nicely. You can see their collaborative mood board over here on their Tumblr.
- Cheer Up Luv: the photography project sharing womens' experiences with sexual harassment
- “Bold, concise, minimalist and sometimes abstract”: a look at Jeong Hwa Min’s new illustrative approach
- Patrik Mollwing’s illustrations and wigglegrams depict a cast of colourful characters
- Between the pages of Polanski’s suburbia-themed sixth issue
- Hacking Heidelberg: how Erik Spiekermann came to reinvent the printing process
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU