We said no Valentine’s Day posts but here we are publishing a romantic video made by a couple. Love-based it is, but cheesy it is not. This video for French band Petit Fantome L is a collection of spine-tinglingly great archive footage (what is it about seeing people jumping into lakes that makes you pine for summer and kissing?) that has been collated in an interactive format.
You have to see for yourself to understand, but basically click about like an open-mouthed monkey and you’ll see that as you do the images start to overlap and go all John Stezaker in front of your very eyes. We’ve known these two have been very talented for a long while now, so to see them collaborate together and with a little help from their friends at HOAV Studio is warming our cockles nicely. You can see their collaborative mood board over here on their Tumblr.
- Making propaganda about propaganda: Metahaven’s new film considers fantasy and truth in internet culture
- The world’s largest Renoir collection is made accessible to all by filmmaker Phil Grabsky
- Ryan Peltier plays with scale in his neatly constructed space-themed illustrations
- First Dates for those who create: Jessica Walsh and Timothy Goodman talk dating and working (and both)
- Vogue celebrates 100 years of style at the National Portrait Gallery
- Superb designs by London studio Julia for the Whitechapel Gallery
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016