We said no Valentine’s Day posts but here we are publishing a romantic video made by a couple. Love-based it is, but cheesy it is not. This video for French band Petit Fantome L is a collection of spine-tinglingly great archive footage (what is it about seeing people jumping into lakes that makes you pine for summer and kissing?) that has been collated in an interactive format.
You have to see for yourself to understand, but basically click about like an open-mouthed monkey and you’ll see that as you do the images start to overlap and go all John Stezaker in front of your very eyes. We’ve known these two have been very talented for a long while now, so to see them collaborate together and with a little help from their friends at HOAV Studio is warming our cockles nicely. You can see their collaborative mood board over here on their Tumblr.
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- See the work of some of Nick Knight's most impressive new protégés
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain