We said no Valentine’s Day posts but here we are publishing a romantic video made by a couple. Love-based it is, but cheesy it is not. This video for French band Petit Fantome L is a collection of spine-tinglingly great archive footage (what is it about seeing people jumping into lakes that makes you pine for summer and kissing?) that has been collated in an interactive format.
You have to see for yourself to understand, but basically click about like an open-mouthed monkey and you’ll see that as you do the images start to overlap and go all John Stezaker in front of your very eyes. We’ve known these two have been very talented for a long while now, so to see them collaborate together and with a little help from their friends at HOAV Studio is warming our cockles nicely. You can see their collaborative mood board over here on their Tumblr.
- Swiss zine highlights the many times The Simpsons has predicted the future
- Twelve studio’s rippling identity for Beijing new media studio
- Mumbai-based artist Yashasvi Mathis' unconventional take on the world
- Gufram, the iconic funhouse bridging the gap between design and art
- Active Arab Women: Lara Al-Hadeedi records the determination of sporting Kuwaiti women
- Meet the French illustrator creating part-animal, part-human Frankenmonsters
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August