We said no Valentine’s Day posts but here we are publishing a romantic video made by a couple. Love-based it is, but cheesy it is not. This video for French band Petit Fantome L is a collection of spine-tinglingly great archive footage (what is it about seeing people jumping into lakes that makes you pine for summer and kissing?) that has been collated in an interactive format.
You have to see for yourself to understand, but basically click about like an open-mouthed monkey and you’ll see that as you do the images start to overlap and go all John Stezaker in front of your very eyes. We’ve known these two have been very talented for a long while now, so to see them collaborate together and with a little help from their friends at HOAV Studio is warming our cockles nicely. You can see their collaborative mood board over here on their Tumblr.
- Steve Powers' New York street signs offer an alternative perspective
- Rebecca Scheinberg comes pretty damn close to making perfect photographs
- Hamburg-based studio I Like Birds' comprehensive film festival identity
- The Plant creates identity for Walthamstow business hub using a process from 1905
- Wayfaring land artist Richard Long pays homage to his Bristol roots
- Designs for a tarot deck celebrating black stars and overseen by Jodorowsky
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Street photographer Vincent Chapters captures London’s spirit
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns