We said no Valentine’s Day posts but here we are publishing a romantic video made by a couple. Love-based it is, but cheesy it is not. This video for French band Petit Fantome L is a collection of spine-tinglingly great archive footage (what is it about seeing people jumping into lakes that makes you pine for summer and kissing?) that has been collated in an interactive format.
You have to see for yourself to understand, but basically click about like an open-mouthed monkey and you’ll see that as you do the images start to overlap and go all John Stezaker in front of your very eyes. We’ve known these two have been very talented for a long while now, so to see them collaborate together and with a little help from their friends at HOAV Studio is warming our cockles nicely. You can see their collaborative mood board over here on their Tumblr.
- Parterre de Rois: the Black issue features Anish Kapoor and Nina Chanel Abney
- Noah Beckwith’s experimental approach to his “stream-of-consciousness” posters
- Talya Modlin shares illustrated gems from her sketchbook
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors
- The exploratory and exciting typefaces of Out of the Dark
- MullenLowe Group’s Global Creative Officer José Miguel Sokoloff on judging CSM's degree shows
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris