We said no Valentine’s Day posts but here we are publishing a romantic video made by a couple. Love-based it is, but cheesy it is not. This video for French band Petit Fantome L is a collection of spine-tinglingly great archive footage (what is it about seeing people jumping into lakes that makes you pine for summer and kissing?) that has been collated in an interactive format.
You have to see for yourself to understand, but basically click about like an open-mouthed monkey and you’ll see that as you do the images start to overlap and go all John Stezaker in front of your very eyes. We’ve known these two have been very talented for a long while now, so to see them collaborate together and with a little help from their friends at HOAV Studio is warming our cockles nicely. You can see their collaborative mood board over here on their Tumblr.
- Jason Shulman captures entire movies in a single image
- Rebecca Chew adds handcrafts to Esquire Singapore’s art direction
- A sublime update of work from photography duo Scheltens & Abbenes
- Brand Union discusses the merits and pitfalls of the design process behind the Tokyo 2020 Olympics logo
- Baker and Alex Simpson’s film on the legacy of modernist architect Wells Coates
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery