We said no Valentine’s Day posts but here we are publishing a romantic video made by a couple. Love-based it is, but cheesy it is not. This video for French band Petit Fantome L is a collection of spine-tinglingly great archive footage (what is it about seeing people jumping into lakes that makes you pine for summer and kissing?) that has been collated in an interactive format.
You have to see for yourself to understand, but basically click about like an open-mouthed monkey and you’ll see that as you do the images start to overlap and go all John Stezaker in front of your very eyes. We’ve known these two have been very talented for a long while now, so to see them collaborate together and with a little help from their friends at HOAV Studio is warming our cockles nicely. You can see their collaborative mood board over here on their Tumblr.
- Hilarious send-up of selfie culture from Mercedes-Benz, Justin O'Shea and Jayne Min
- Mattis Dovier tracks the painful metamorphosis of man into machine in his new short
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)