Continuing our look at our very own series Between The Lines – which launched our new audiovisual showcase site First Broadcast last week – today is the turn of Esquire creative director David Mckendrick.
We went to David’s impeccably neat flat in London’s iconic Barbican to have a bit of a nose around and find out how and why David decamps to his home when he has a big redesign job on. He was also generous enough to show us some original sketches for Esquire covers, let us leaf through some of his magazine collection and tell us why swimming is such an integral part of his working day.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant