Here at It’s Nice That we have long used the site to champion interesting, engaging and exciting video content – indeed director Alex Bec’s Monday Morning Music Video is a tradition we’ve honoured for years. But with increasing ambitions to produce more of our own video content, wouldn’t it be great, we thought, if we had a dedicated website where these could live? And wouldn’t it be even greater if that site was specially designed as a home for full-screen moving image? Ladies and gentlemen, we give you First Broadcast.
Not only will First Broadcast be the home for the talks we record at our own events – and you can already enjoy the videos from both our Here and In Progress conferences in 2012, as well as the talks we programmed at the GF Smith event Beauty In The Making – but it will also be where we debut our very own content. And we are delighted to announce the inaugural series that launches First Broadcast as Between The Lines where we go into the spaces where some of our favourite publishers work to get a flavour of how their places and personalities inform the way they work.
Kicking off the series we have Esquire creative director David Mckendrick, Adam Towle and James Roper of The Green Soccer Journal Laura Bradley commissioning editor of Anothermag.com, Tony Brooks of Unit Editions and David Lane and Marina Tweed (and their cat) from The Gourmand Journal.
We’ll be adding to the platform over the coming weeks and months but we hope there’s enough stuff there to get you started, and we’re keen to hear from video makers and editors about potential collaboration on future projects.
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting