Here at It’s Nice That we have long used the site to champion interesting, engaging and exciting video content – indeed director Alex Bec’s Monday Morning Music Video is a tradition we’ve honoured for years. But with increasing ambitions to produce more of our own video content, wouldn’t it be great, we thought, if we had a dedicated website where these could live? And wouldn’t it be even greater if that site was specially designed as a home for full-screen moving image? Ladies and gentlemen, we give you First Broadcast.
Not only will First Broadcast be the home for the talks we record at our own events – and you can already enjoy the videos from both our Here and In Progress conferences in 2012, as well as the talks we programmed at the GF Smith event Beauty In The Making – but it will also be where we debut our very own content. And we are delighted to announce the inaugural series that launches First Broadcast as Between The Lines where we go into the spaces where some of our favourite publishers work to get a flavour of how their places and personalities inform the way they work.
Kicking off the series we have Esquire creative director David Mckendrick, Adam Towle and James Roper of The Green Soccer Journal Laura Bradley commissioning editor of Anothermag.com, Tony Brooks of Unit Editions and David Lane and Marina Tweed (and their cat) from The Gourmand Journal.
We’ll be adding to the platform over the coming weeks and months but we hope there’s enough stuff there to get you started, and we’re keen to hear from video makers and editors about potential collaboration on future projects.
- Cheer Up Luv: the photography project sharing womens' experiences with sexual harassment
- “Bold, concise, minimalist and sometimes abstract”: a look at Jeong Hwa Min’s new illustrative approach
- Patrik Mollwing’s illustrations and wigglegrams depict a cast of colourful characters
- Between the pages of Polanski’s suburbia-themed sixth issue
- Hacking Heidelberg: how Erik Spiekermann came to reinvent the printing process
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU