There are some people in the world who just ooze coolness and FKA twigs is one of them, who knew Gloucstershire was able to produce such fine specimens of slick elegance?
To capture her mystery, director Nabil creates the perfect backdrop for FKA twigs latest song Two Weeks in this heady, luxurious video. The song starts simply but gradually builds into layered vocals and ticking beats mimicking the gold and opulent surroundings excellently. As FKA twigs sits on her throne with her twinkling headdress, the camera slowly pans out to reveal miniature twigs gyrating and writhing around her in a way that pulls everything together so dreamily.
This feeling of molten gold drips from every corner of the video so don’t be afraid if you feel yourself transfixed to the screen. It’s slick, effortlessly sophisticated and it proves why FKA twigs’ coolness is so hot right now.
- Nine vital nuggets about the hows and whys of being a project manager or producer – and why all the hard work is worth it
- Stars, drag queens, and the literati: Avedon and Warhol’s heroes and antiheroes
- Designer Morag Myerscough gives us a peek at her bookshelf
- Photographer Matthew Brown explores the forgotten details in a university campus
- First Dates for those who create: Studio Swine tells us about their working relationship
- Experimental Jetset, Build and others' war posters curated by Pentagram's Alex Brown
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?