There are some people in the world who just ooze coolness and FKA twigs is one of them, who knew Gloucstershire was able to produce such fine specimens of slick elegance?
To capture her mystery, director Nabil creates the perfect backdrop for FKA twigs latest song Two Weeks in this heady, luxurious video. The song starts simply but gradually builds into layered vocals and ticking beats mimicking the gold and opulent surroundings excellently. As FKA twigs sits on her throne with her twinkling headdress, the camera slowly pans out to reveal miniature twigs gyrating and writhing around her in a way that pulls everything together so dreamily.
This feeling of molten gold drips from every corner of the video so don’t be afraid if you feel yourself transfixed to the screen. It’s slick, effortlessly sophisticated and it proves why FKA twigs’ coolness is so hot right now.
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors