There are some people in the world who just ooze coolness and FKA twigs is one of them, who knew Gloucstershire was able to produce such fine specimens of slick elegance?
To capture her mystery, director Nabil creates the perfect backdrop for FKA twigs latest song Two Weeks in this heady, luxurious video. The song starts simply but gradually builds into layered vocals and ticking beats mimicking the gold and opulent surroundings excellently. As FKA twigs sits on her throne with her twinkling headdress, the camera slowly pans out to reveal miniature twigs gyrating and writhing around her in a way that pulls everything together so dreamily.
This feeling of molten gold drips from every corner of the video so don’t be afraid if you feel yourself transfixed to the screen. It’s slick, effortlessly sophisticated and it proves why FKA twigs’ coolness is so hot right now.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August