There are some people in the world who just ooze coolness and FKA twigs is one of them, who knew Gloucstershire was able to produce such fine specimens of slick elegance?
To capture her mystery, director Nabil creates the perfect backdrop for FKA twigs latest song Two Weeks in this heady, luxurious video. The song starts simply but gradually builds into layered vocals and ticking beats mimicking the gold and opulent surroundings excellently. As FKA twigs sits on her throne with her twinkling headdress, the camera slowly pans out to reveal miniature twigs gyrating and writhing around her in a way that pulls everything together so dreamily.
This feeling of molten gold drips from every corner of the video so don’t be afraid if you feel yourself transfixed to the screen. It’s slick, effortlessly sophisticated and it proves why FKA twigs’ coolness is so hot right now.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages