I’m hesitant to add my voice to the thousands of people who’ve probably already told you to listen to Fleet Foxes, but I’m actually physically unable to not talk about them, even briefly as this.
All that’s really important to know is that they are five Seattle gentlemen (two of which from the similarly wonderful Crystal Skulls) who are soon to release a self-titled album on Sub Pop that I’ve listened to solidly for longer than I care to remember. If you’re the sort of person who needs some cursory comparisons, I’d mention My Morning Jacket and Midlake, but then I’d immediately slap you around the face and tell you to just listen to these harmonies and realise for yourself what I’m completely unable to articulate. Go!
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant