I’m hesitant to add my voice to the thousands of people who’ve probably already told you to listen to Fleet Foxes, but I’m actually physically unable to not talk about them, even briefly as this.
All that’s really important to know is that they are five Seattle gentlemen (two of which from the similarly wonderful Crystal Skulls) who are soon to release a self-titled album on Sub Pop that I’ve listened to solidly for longer than I care to remember. If you’re the sort of person who needs some cursory comparisons, I’d mention My Morning Jacket and Midlake, but then I’d immediately slap you around the face and tell you to just listen to these harmonies and realise for yourself what I’m completely unable to articulate. Go!
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery