While you might well consider yourself inventive when it comes to food I bet you anything you have never considered turning cauliflower into a bobble hat or indeed broccoli into a handbag. But then again that is where you and artist Fulvio Bonavia probably differ.
Combining fashion and food in his wonderfully wacky series – rather suitably entitled A Matter of Taste – Fulvio’s bunch of stomach-rumbling photographs will make you see your everyday fruit and vegetables in a whole new light and, rich in Fulvio’s classic editorial style, they are pretty beautiful too.
Aubergine ballet pumps, rice wellington boots and blueberry handbags – Fulvio has thought of it all and before you start wondering who this mad-sounding guy is, he just so happens to be an award-winning advertising and editorial photographer working with a client list so mightily huge (try Swatch, Yamaha, Adidas, Damien Chrysler and Daewoo for size) that your jaw can’t help drop a little.
- Parterre de Rois: the Black issue features Anish Kapoor and Nina Chanel Abney
- Noah Beckwith’s experimental approach to his “stream-of-consciousness” posters
- Talya Modlin shares illustrated gems from her sketchbook
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors
- The exploratory and exciting typefaces of Out of the Dark
- MullenLowe Group’s Global Creative Officer José Miguel Sokoloff on judging CSM's degree shows
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris