While you might well consider yourself inventive when it comes to food I bet you anything you have never considered turning cauliflower into a bobble hat or indeed broccoli into a handbag. But then again that is where you and artist Fulvio Bonavia probably differ.
Combining fashion and food in his wonderfully wacky series – rather suitably entitled A Matter of Taste – Fulvio’s bunch of stomach-rumbling photographs will make you see your everyday fruit and vegetables in a whole new light and, rich in Fulvio’s classic editorial style, they are pretty beautiful too.
Aubergine ballet pumps, rice wellington boots and blueberry handbags – Fulvio has thought of it all and before you start wondering who this mad-sounding guy is, he just so happens to be an award-winning advertising and editorial photographer working with a client list so mightily huge (try Swatch, Yamaha, Adidas, Damien Chrysler and Daewoo for size) that your jaw can’t help drop a little.
- Jules de Balincourt’s vivid paintings of public spaces play with reality
- Harry Israelson photographs a renaissance fair in sunny California
- Introducing graphic designer Moonsick Gang
- Pentagram’s Domenic Lippa designs the inaugural issue of YES & NO Magazine
- “Non-league football is our punk rock” – Alex Brown’s work for Eastbourne Town FC
- Artist Esther Watson reimagines the flying saucers her dad created as a child
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices