Stop. Collaborate and listen. G-Technology’s back with their latest competition. Ok that’s as far as I’m going to push that, but do listen up gang because the technology storage solutions company are running their annual Driven Creativity contest giving creatives the chance to win 5,000 Euros and some top of the range G-Technology products to boot.
The awards, which are free to enter and open to both professionals and amateurs, recognise creative passion across five categories – animation, music, photography and short film and GoPro Active (short videos from content captured using a GoPro wearable or gear-mountable camera). The judges will be looking not just for aesthetic quality, but also at the innovation and drive that went into creating them.
“Our annual Driven Creativity Competition is designed to discover and celebrate the most brilliant, inspired work from enthusiasts to professionals and help support their future projects. It’s one way we can show our commitment and respect for the creative process,” said Mike Williams, vice president and general manager, G-Technology/HGST Innovative Solutions Group. “G-Technology’s roots are deeply ingrained in the professional digital content creation community and we are passionate about supporting their creative work.”
Below you can see the overall winner A Fox Tale and the UK People’s Choice Winner Geoff Tompkinson’s short Dubai – A City On The Move. Entries close on October 29, visit the G-Technology site for more information.
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- Node Berlin Oslo talks through its redesign of Haus der Kulturen der Welt
- A closer look at five creatives speaking at Design Indaba 2017
- Anxiety, speed and rave flyers: artist Mark Leckey on his iconic video "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore"
- We speak to Lovetrue director Alma Har’el about her surrealist short film for The Fifth Sense
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality