Stop. Collaborate and listen. G-Technology’s back with their latest competition. Ok that’s as far as I’m going to push that, but do listen up gang because the technology storage solutions company are running their annual Driven Creativity contest giving creatives the chance to win 5,000 Euros and some top of the range G-Technology products to boot.
The awards, which are free to enter and open to both professionals and amateurs, recognise creative passion across five categories – animation, music, photography and short film and GoPro Active (short videos from content captured using a GoPro wearable or gear-mountable camera). The judges will be looking not just for aesthetic quality, but also at the innovation and drive that went into creating them.
“Our annual Driven Creativity Competition is designed to discover and celebrate the most brilliant, inspired work from enthusiasts to professionals and help support their future projects. It’s one way we can show our commitment and respect for the creative process,” said Mike Williams, vice president and general manager, G-Technology/HGST Innovative Solutions Group. “G-Technology’s roots are deeply ingrained in the professional digital content creation community and we are passionate about supporting their creative work.”
Below you can see the overall winner A Fox Tale and the UK People’s Choice Winner Geoff Tompkinson’s short Dubai – A City On The Move. Entries close on October 29, visit the G-Technology site for more information.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design