It’s September! The month of new school shoes, new stationery and, it would seem, new websites. Like the cool older brother it is, Fantastic Man today ushered its sister magazine, The Gentlewoman, into the spotlight. And to accompany the new issue of the magazine followed the launch of The Gentlewoman’s website, which has just been given an incredibly elegant makeover by designer Denny Backhaus.
It’s hard to believe the mirroring of styles between the two sites can be anything but deliberate (they are siblings, after all) and the chic simplicity with which both sites are finished is perfectly suited to the strong, intelligent and polished tone that Fantastic Man and The Gentlewoman share. The site even changes colour! What more could you want? Denny, you have done us proud.
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016