It’s September! The month of new school shoes, new stationery and, it would seem, new websites. Like the cool older brother it is, Fantastic Man today ushered its sister magazine, The Gentlewoman, into the spotlight. And to accompany the new issue of the magazine followed the launch of The Gentlewoman’s website, which has just been given an incredibly elegant makeover by designer Denny Backhaus.
It’s hard to believe the mirroring of styles between the two sites can be anything but deliberate (they are siblings, after all) and the chic simplicity with which both sites are finished is perfectly suited to the strong, intelligent and polished tone that Fantastic Man and The Gentlewoman share. The site even changes colour! What more could you want? Denny, you have done us proud.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?