It’s September! The month of new school shoes, new stationery and, it would seem, new websites. Like the cool older brother it is, Fantastic Man today ushered its sister magazine, The Gentlewoman, into the spotlight. And to accompany the new issue of the magazine followed the launch of The Gentlewoman’s website, which has just been given an incredibly elegant makeover by designer Denny Backhaus.
It’s hard to believe the mirroring of styles between the two sites can be anything but deliberate (they are siblings, after all) and the chic simplicity with which both sites are finished is perfectly suited to the strong, intelligent and polished tone that Fantastic Man and The Gentlewoman share. The site even changes colour! What more could you want? Denny, you have done us proud.
- The idyllic and relatable still lifes of Bradley Kerl
- We spoke to the director behind Young Thug's "Wyclef Jean" video
- Illustrator Marina Pcheliakova’s happy characters follow a range of leisure pursuits
- A closer look at the work of “performer and plastic artist” Caroline Denervaud
- Oriele Steiner’s naive pastel works interpret the world around her
- Alan Resnick animates the adventures of his odd little character Johnny Bubble
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant