September is that magical time of year when creatives are squeezing all the new work they can gather into their portfolios, magazines and websites are undergoing huge redesigns, publications are offering the heaviest tomes of the whole year and quite frankly, we find ourselves twitching nervously with all the excitement.
Agent Pekka are just one of the many who have a whole new look ready for the back to school rush. Not only is their website looking super snazzy, with an easy to navigate layout, a very cool scroll and images that sit comfortably on top of one another like creative Tetris, but the illustrators they are flaunting are among our absolute favourites. From Tim Lahan, Rami Niemi and Owen Gildersleeve, they all seem to have added intriguing new work to the site just in time for its makeover.
Among them is Linda Linko. The Finnish illustrator has a whole heap of new stuff on show. Her new work still has as improvisatory feel to it, turning naturally imperfect shapes into really striking imagery, but it has matured somewhat to include more painterly detail along with the monochrome nonchalance we first came across with her posters. I’m particularly taken with her work for Kaiku, which has a combines abstract typography with a collage.
- Tokyo illustrator Okamura Yuta and his endearing brush-and-ink characters
- French illustrator Damien Filliatre's “trashy and cynical” universe
- Graphic Designer Robynne Redgrave profiles prolific Yelp.com reviewer in You Can Change
- Photographer Ina Niehoff's "pure and silent" look at the Moroccan countryside
- The meticulously layered and striped paintings of Guy Yanai
- Design studio Sawdust shares its most-loved books
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant