Everybody knows that the best birthday presents are the ones you make yourself. Especially if you, like Joe Stone, happen to be a super-talented graphic designer and illustrator with an infallible knowledge of Tarantino’s classic Pulp Fiction, a passionate love for Guess Who? and a really, really good friend.
As a birthday present for the aforementioned friend, Joe created a custom copy of Guess Who? using only characters from the hit film, with each drawn in the style of the original game. The result is a fully-functioning board game that allows you to stand menacingly over your opponent and shout “BUT DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?” in your best Samuel L. voice at regular intervals. As Joe says himself, “the finishing touch was making a new wrapping for the box that looked like Marcellus Wallace’s briefcase.” Er, yeah. Best present I’ve ever seen. Wanna be mates, Joe?
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August