Everybody knows that the best birthday presents are the ones you make yourself. Especially if you, like Joe Stone, happen to be a super-talented graphic designer and illustrator with an infallible knowledge of Tarantino’s classic Pulp Fiction, a passionate love for Guess Who? and a really, really good friend.
As a birthday present for the aforementioned friend, Joe created a custom copy of Guess Who? using only characters from the hit film, with each drawn in the style of the original game. The result is a fully-functioning board game that allows you to stand menacingly over your opponent and shout “BUT DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?” in your best Samuel L. voice at regular intervals. As Joe says himself, “the finishing touch was making a new wrapping for the box that looked like Marcellus Wallace’s briefcase.” Er, yeah. Best present I’ve ever seen. Wanna be mates, Joe?
- Art mag Kaleidoscope unveils Mirko Borsche-designed winter issue
- Behind the scenes of the lady who shoots chihuahuas in party hats, yoyoists and strippers
- Great poster designs for Adana Nights series by Vienna-based Lukas Haider
- Illustrator Jim Stoten works his magic for Marmite in a fun new ad campaign
- Design studio Praline reflects on a five year relationship with Peckham Platform
- Obscure and minimal fashion photography from New York-based Paul Jung
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Street photographer Vincent Chapters captures London’s spirit
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns