Everybody knows that the best birthday presents are the ones you make yourself. Especially if you, like Joe Stone, happen to be a super-talented graphic designer and illustrator with an infallible knowledge of Tarantino’s classic Pulp Fiction, a passionate love for Guess Who? and a really, really good friend.
As a birthday present for the aforementioned friend, Joe created a custom copy of Guess Who? using only characters from the hit film, with each drawn in the style of the original game. The result is a fully-functioning board game that allows you to stand menacingly over your opponent and shout “BUT DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?” in your best Samuel L. voice at regular intervals. As Joe says himself, “the finishing touch was making a new wrapping for the box that looked like Marcellus Wallace’s briefcase.” Er, yeah. Best present I’ve ever seen. Wanna be mates, Joe?
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery