Everybody knows that the best birthday presents are the ones you make yourself. Especially if you, like Joe Stone, happen to be a super-talented graphic designer and illustrator with an infallible knowledge of Tarantino’s classic Pulp Fiction, a passionate love for Guess Who? and a really, really good friend.
As a birthday present for the aforementioned friend, Joe created a custom copy of Guess Who? using only characters from the hit film, with each drawn in the style of the original game. The result is a fully-functioning board game that allows you to stand menacingly over your opponent and shout “BUT DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?” in your best Samuel L. voice at regular intervals. As Joe says himself, “the finishing touch was making a new wrapping for the box that looked like Marcellus Wallace’s briefcase.” Er, yeah. Best present I’ve ever seen. Wanna be mates, Joe?
- Tokyo illustrator Okamura Yuta and his endearing brush-and-ink characters
- French illustrator Damien Filliatre's “trashy and cynical” universe
- Graphic Designer Robynne Redgrave profiles prolific Yelp.com reviewer in You Can Change
- Photographer Ina Niehoff's "pure and silent" look at the Moroccan countryside
- The meticulously layered and striped paintings of Guy Yanai
- Design studio Sawdust shares its most-loved books
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant