Everybody knows that the best birthday presents are the ones you make yourself. Especially if you, like Joe Stone, happen to be a super-talented graphic designer and illustrator with an infallible knowledge of Tarantino’s classic Pulp Fiction, a passionate love for Guess Who? and a really, really good friend.
As a birthday present for the aforementioned friend, Joe created a custom copy of Guess Who? using only characters from the hit film, with each drawn in the style of the original game. The result is a fully-functioning board game that allows you to stand menacingly over your opponent and shout “BUT DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?” in your best Samuel L. voice at regular intervals. As Joe says himself, “the finishing touch was making a new wrapping for the box that looked like Marcellus Wallace’s briefcase.” Er, yeah. Best present I’ve ever seen. Wanna be mates, Joe?
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again